17 - Let Me Down Slowly

(I've a little task for you guys so do check out the note at the end!)
-

Joshua kicked the small pebble on his way as he somehow reached the mansion, dejected on himself for yelling at Seokmin. But he had to do it, the younger was supposed to forget his fears and stay strong for the ship to sail.

It was when he noticed Jeonghan at the main gate with his arms crossed against his chest. He wasn't in a mood to talk so he decided to smile and slip through his gaze.

"Hong Jisoo." Jeonghan called his full name, "In the meeting room, now!"

What was that? Joshua thought as the leader disappeared. Why did he call him so sternly into the meeting room late at night?

What did he even do?

Nevertheless, he walked to the meeting room where Jeonghan was waiting for him.

"What happened Jeonghan?" Joshua hesitantly asked.

"I'll give you one more chance." Jeonghan muttered beneath his breath, "Where were you?"

"I went to have some fresh air." Joshua lied profusely, "Did something happen when I was not around?"

He was done with him hiding everything from his as if he would eat him if he shares it. Was he not close enough to him? Was he not his comfort person? Was he not worth enough to be considered as a close person?

"Don't give me crap, Joshua!" Jeonghan slammed his hand on the table as he stood up, "I know that you're dating Seokmin! I'm so tired of you all hiding everything from me for stupid ass reasons. Why do I always come to know about you through a third person or by hiding behind the bushes?"

"You-" Joshua stuttered, "You know-"

"Unfortunately."

"So are you going to execute me or something?" Joshua straight up asked.

Jeonghan calmed his temper as he sighed heavily, "Why would I execute you? What crime have you done?"

"I-"

"Just stop it." Jeonghan furrowed his brows, "How many times have I told you that you're free to talk to them? Whatever happened between me and Seungcheol has nothing to do with you guys but it was you who denied every time."

Joshua stood silent. His leader wasn't mad at him. Instead, his friend was hurt due to the secrecy between their friendship.

"And why were you yelling at Seokmin?" Jeonghan cocked a brow, "You know he can't take this type of outburst very well right? He was so hurt-"

"And what about me?" Joshua looked up, "Are you going to defend him? Mind you Jeonghan, he was the one insisting to play a whole drama just to keep our relationship hidden."

"I heard it." Jeonghan confessed, "But you should've just talked. Screaming didn't do shit."

"Enough." Joshua chuckled bitterly, "How can I forget that Yoon Jeonghan is a really fine manipulator?"

"What?"

"You're just playing with my mind right? You're pretending that you've no problem with me dating Seokmin when in reality you're burning inside." Joshua glared at the older, "You're playing tricks to gradually grow us apart."

"Do you even understand what you're saying?" Jeonghan clenched his teeth, "I would never do that-"

"You can!" Joshua intervened, "You can do anything to keep Serenity away from Rose Quartz. But our relationship has nothing to do with your rivalry-"

"Shut up just shut up and go away." Jeonghan yelled, "I'll say this again Joshua, I've always asked you, Hoshi and Mingyu to keep interacting with them accordingly but YOU guys always denied. YOU said that it would not be fair. YOU said that their leader would not accept it. And now you're here blaming me for your relationship falling apart when the truth is that it's because you can't sort things out peacefully."