29 - Monsters

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Jeonghan cursed beneath his breath as he woke up along with Seungcheol. They were alerted that the main control building of Scarlet Coast was in danger and of course it was none other than Yoon Jaebyeom.

"Let's go, hurry up." Seungcheol stood up as he wore his shirt and so did Jeonghan.

Both of them moved out of the room as they were met with the other vampires on their way in the hallway.

"Hoshi, go and check on the humans." Jeonghan ordered, "Make sure that they're shielded and put them in deep sleep. They shouldn't wake up when we're out."

The rest of the vampires made their way to the main balcony of Serenity HQ through which the army of vampires standing on the ground was visibly.

"The time has arrived." Seungcheol declared as Hoshi returned from his task as well, "ARE YOU READY TO WIN?"

"YES!" The army chanted in unison.

All of the warriors bent down to sit on one knee and bowed their heads, "Your highness!" They referred to the eight vampires, "We will fight for the well being of our beloved land, TODAY AND FOREVER!"

"Scarlet Coast!" Seokmin led the greeting.

"Always Wins!" The army followed.

"Great." Jeonghan remarked, "Now we will proceed to the battlefield."

And within a moment, the place which was earlier occupied with the demons, began to get flooded with the vampires. The shrilling noise of the weapons clashing echoed while the red and black sparks of magic spells fluttered in the air.

The eight vampires led their separate units, colliding with the demons to grasp their throats and tear their souls apart. They were reckless. This was the scene where you can actually see, that, they were indeed monsters. There was no say in that.

Without mercy, without empathy, just the terrifying fangs piercing every single soul that would interrupt their goal. Their swords slid through the demons smoothly as they were loving the blood bath.

They had gone crazy. They were loving the horrified screams of their enemies. It was the time for their sadistic side to shine brightly. They weren't the adorable and caring beings right now. Their eyes screamed hunger, hunger to kill more, hunger to dominate, hunger to gain power.

"I've been observing you all for long enough." Jaebyeom stepped into the battle but was still protected by his lead warriors, "How did you suddenly turn so vigorous?"

"Just because we treated a few humans with love, doesn't mean that our hearts have become soft." Mingyu smirked as he killed another demon, "Are you counting the score?"

"We're still those cruel creatures who can kill anyone and everyone." Hoshi growled as he tore a few souls with his bare hands.

"Of course." Jaebyeom chuckled, "Will your oh so lovely mortals love this side of yours?"

"You don't need to worry about that." Jeonghan showed up, "Dad."

"Oh look who's here, my scaredy cat." Jaebyeom laughed hysterically, "Didn't expect you to be on the battlefield when you couldn't even gather the courage to join a simple meeting, son."

"You're aware of the fact that YOUR life got spared because of it right?" Jeonghan mocked, "Or are you already done with fucking around?"

Jaebyeom's smile dropped, "Watch your mouth Jeonghan, I'm your fath-"

"You're just a motherfucking bastard." Jeonghan calmly stated, "My mom died because of YOU. Not once, not twice, I'll curse you a million times and you can't do shit about it."