04| HOPELESS

——————chapter four

——————
chapter four

THREE THINGS KEPT CONSTANTLY repeating in Vega's mind— Where was Tessa? Who could have taken her? And most importantly, was she safe? The thought of her daughter being possibly hurt or dead, haunted the woman.

The only true reason she stayed with Joe, was because that as long as Vega helped him find whoever this man they were looking for, he had promised her to do the same, just with her daughter. Vega obviously knew Joe wasn't someone to really rely on, but she had no other choice. The woman knew if she tried to leave the group, which she had already tried, she would be the next one they would go after.

"They ain't here. Nobody been here for a while," One of the men spoke, walking into the empty garage they had found after long hours of searching for a place to stay at. "Whoever it was, they got all the gas."

Joe shook his head, walking further into the garage. "That doesn't matter. We're getting closer, I can feel it." He replied back.

"Claimed." Another man affirmed. Everyone else also started to choose cars to spend the night in.

Vega noticed Daryl had found a car to stay in, but as soon as he laid his stuff on the ground next to the vehicle, Len kicked Daryl's bag away, claiming the car. The brunette woman scoffed at the sight of the man she had gotten enough of.

The scent of oil and gasoline filled the air as she carefully weaved between the parked cars and piles of supplies, trying to find a place furthest away from Len. After a few moments of searching, her exhausted eyes landed on a small empty spot near the back, that she quickly made her way over to.

Sudden footsteps appeared loudly, which startled the woman who turned around, mostly expecting to see Daryl out of all the men, but this time it wasn't the familiar face she had predicted appear. Instead, a tall man with greasy hair has shown up instead.

"Hey there, darlin'," He spoke, his southern accent being visible. Immediately, Vega's hand searched for her knife, hiding it behind her back. "Mind if I hang here?" A smirk appeared across his face.

Vega slowly stood up from the cold ground, keeping her left arm behind her back, glancing up to the man taller than her. "I'd rather you don't," She replied, her green eyes narrowing.

"A little fun won't hurt." He kept on going. Vega was disgusted.

Clearly, he didn't walk away and leave her alone, but rather took a step closer. "Get the hell away from me." Vega continued, her knuckles turning white from the hard grip she had on her knife, which was still hid behind her back.