03| CLAIMED

——————chapter three

——————
chapter three

IT'S A SERENE, MOONLIT NIGHT,
in the deep woods. The only sounds coming from the rustling of leaves, and the loud snores from the men Vega had ended up with. The snores was only being one more reason for why she should leave, before they all woke from their deep sleep.

Vega hadn't got any sleep yet. She couldn't even think about the thought resting, when she didn't know if her daughter was safe or not. So in silence, she started packing her bag, securing supplies, and making sure she's at least got some food and water left.

Just as she was about to finish checking up on her bag, Daryl woke up from his sleep, confusion washing over his face as he squints in the dark, after taking notice of the woman from a little distance, he raised himself up from the ground, taking his crossbow with him
in his hands, not daring to leave it behind him. "What the hell are you doing?" Daryl asked in a hushed voice.

Vega's hand instantly landed on her chest, taking a deep breath. "I'm leaving." She mumbled, zipping her bag that's stuffed with supplies she's got left.

"In the middle of the night?" Daryl questioned.

She nodded, tying her curly thick hair into a ponytail. "You think i'd rather waste my time with these idiots, when my daughter and Beth is out— God knows where?" She snapped, glancing over to Daryl, who's approached her.

"Good luck with that." He responded, making Vega roll her eyes. The two had tried their best to keep the conversation as quiet as possible, which wasn't any help, because suddenly a figure appeared. Vega instantly raised her handgun, not knowing who or what was reaching closer to them.

Just as she was about to pull the trigger, thinking it was a walker, the voice spoke. "Hey! Hey.. Put down the gun sweetheart, will ya?" The gray haired man chuckled out, lifting his hands in the air. It was joe.

She slowly lowered her gun, still keeping a grip on it, she sighed at the sight of the man. "It's not very smart to go out alone in the woods at this time, you know?" Joe stated, raising his brows. "And now that you and Daryl are one of us, we'll help you find your daughter."

Vega scoffed the second she heard the last sentence. "You think—?" She only managed to say, before Daryl had grabbed her arm, dragging her back to him, to prevent her from saying anything stupid.

A sinister grin appeared on Joe's face, and then he headed back to the others, who were still sleeping. Vega realised that Daryl still had a hold on her arm, her eyes narrowed as they met his. He then let go off the not too tight grip he had on the woman, and ended up following Joe back to the camp.