CHAPTER 16:

𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍

My parents got here about an hour ago, they couldn't make it on my birthday because their flight got delayed. But I have been avoiding them, I know it isn't right, but I'm just going to hang out with Ryder just a little longer.

I still haven't been to his place while that was up until now, 10 minutes ago, he basically dragged me all the way to his house. And to say that I was stunned would be a complete understatement. His house was beautiful, it was nothing special, but it had this real family feel to it, I absolutely loved it.

“Quinn, come here, I want to show you something.”

Ryder called me from on the balcony outside.

I quickly made my way over to him, When he spotted me, he quickly made his way towards me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and smiled down at me.

“Are you ready to see why this is my favorite place in the house?”

I stood on my tippy-toes, and kissed him on his cheek. He smiled at me and took my hand in his, he pulled me through the door.

“Feast your eyes on this.” A gasp escaped my lips.

The view was absolutely breathtaking, you could see everything from up here, the ocean, the beach, all the buildings, everything.

“Oh my god, Ryder. It's beautiful.”

“Yeah, it really is.”

I turned to look at him, but froze.

He wasn't looking at the view in front of us, he was looking at me. My face immediately turned pink.

He noticed, and a devilish grin spread across his face, it had me weak in the knees.
Ryder wrapped his arms around me from behind, we stood like that for a while, just admiring the view. It was perfect.

It was time for me to head back home, if I didn't do what Quinton asked me to do now, I'll just keep pushing it to the back of my mind, and it would never be done.

“Do you really have to go?”

Ryder whined like a little kid. I chuckled at him and rolled my eyes.

“Yes, I really have to go, but I'll text you.”

Ryder wanted to drop me off, but I insisted on getting an Uber, I told him that I had a lot to think about. Ryder opened the car door for me, I was about to get in when I Abruptly turned towards him.

“Oh, and Ryder?”

He looked at me with one brow raised slightly.

“Yeah?” I smiled warmly up at him.

“I love you.”

Ryder smirked at me. And slammed his lips to mine.

“I love you too, Quinn.”

When I got back, I stood outside for just a little longer before I made my way inside. I had to gain enough confidence. As I opened the front door, all I heard was laughter, it was coming from the living room, so I made my way over. Grandma Rose was the first one to notice my presents.

“Quinn, honey, when did you get back?”

Grams asked with a big smile.

“Oh, not long ago.”

I said, returning her smile.

I walked into the living room and my mother and father almost tackled me.