CHAPTER 2:

I woke up at around 9, Ellie was still asleep, I had the worst hangover ever.
I decided to take a quick shower, and then I'll make us some breakfast.

Unfortunately, I could still remember everything that has happened, but at least it doesn't bother me that much anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed, and maybe still a little heartbroken. But at least I can spend the summer with Ellie.

“Morning, how do you feel?”

Ellie asked as she entered the kitchen.

“Morning, and I feel like shit, please remind me to never drink again.”

Ellie laughs at me as she sits down next to me.

“I'll try my best.”

I smile at her and give her a side hug.

“I made some scramble eggs and some bacon. Do you want some?”
“Do you even have to ask?”

I laugh at her as I dish her some.
“Here you go.”

“Thanks, it looks delicious.”

We went to the living room, we decided to watch some movies, Ellie and I were like complete fangirls over the Scream movies, we screamed like little girls when Scream 6 came out, we might have watched all the scream movies like a million times, She like had the biggest crush on Stu, were I preferred Billy, But I kinda also had a little crush on Randy.

“So, Scream?”

I ask while grinning.

“Hell ya!”

“This is why I love you.”

I joke.

“Is this really the only reason?”

“Yes.”

We burst out in fits of laughter.

“This is why I love you too, Quinn.”

“Well, to me, that is a huge compliment.”

We just smiled at each other.

“Ok, but shut up, the movie is starting.”
I rolled my eyes at her, but I smiled.

We finished the movie, and Scream is honestly the best movie. No one can convince me otherwise. Ellie always manages to make me feel better when I'm sad.

“Ellie?”

“Hmm?”

“I can't wait to spend this summer with you. I smiled at her, but she didn't smile back.

“What's wrong?”

“Quinn, we can't spend summer together.”

“What, why?”

“My grandmother asked my parents if I could spend the summer with her, because she misses me, and I kind of really miss her too.”

“Wait, are we talking about Grandma Rochelle, the one that lives all the way in Florida?”

“Yes, we are.”

“Wow, okay, so this means that I'm going to be alone the whole summer.”

“No, you could still spend it with your parents, right?”

“No I can't, they won't be in town for like half the fucking summer.”

“I didn't know, why didn't you tell me?”

“I don't know, I didn't really think much of it because I thought I would anyway just be spending time with you and Mark, but now that all just went to shit.”

“Quinn, I'm really sorry.”

“It, it's ok, don't worry about it.”

Ellie was quite for like almost five minutes.

“Wait, I have a fucking idea!”

“What?”

“What if you come with me?”

“Wait, what?”

“Yeah, what if we asked our parents if you could come with me?”

“Really?”

“Do I look like I'm kidding?”

“Okay, fuck yeah, let's do it.”

We came up with a plan, since or mom's and our dad's are best friends, they all have been friends since high school, it's crazy I know, but anyway, we decided to invite uncle Greg and Aunt Julia over for dinner.

We invited them over and they agreed to come, and thankfully my Parents would be home early, and I know that they wouldn't mind, they love spending time with all of us together.

“Okay, everything is set.”

“Ellie, I really hope they agree.”

“Quinn, don't worry, I'm sure they will, and I know Grams wouldn't mind, she loves you very much.”

“Yeah, I love her too, she is like a grandma too me.”

My mom Anna and Ellie's mom Julia have been best friends since freshman year of high school, in high school they met our dads, my dad Jeremy, and Ellie's dad Greg, our dads are also best friends, our mothers and fathers became friends and eventually they fell in love, my mother got pregnant with my brother Quinton when she was 19.

Then after my brother was born they got married and a year later I was born, and so was Ellie, Ellie has a older brother Carter he was best friends with my brother but that's a story for another day.

I really hope they agree to let me go, Ellie isn't just my best friend she is like a sister to me, I've known her my whole life literally, we have been bestfriends since we were in diapers. And after Quinton died, I started to hold on tighter to her, I don't think I'll ever forgive myself if something happened to her.