CHAPTER 6:

Ellie didn't say a word, She stood frozen in place in the doorway, just staring at Carter. I think I was in just as much shock as she was. I don't really know how long we've just been staring at each other without saying a word before Carter spoke and broke the silence.

“Eleanor? Are you okay?”

Ellie blinks a few times before answering.

“Of course I'm not fucking okay, I didn't see or hear from you for two months, but when I finally see you again, I have to hear that you're leaving once more?”

“Ellie, it's more complicated than what you think.”

“Please enlighten me.”

“I got a really great Job offer, and I met someone.”

Did he meet someone? I can't believe it. No actual I can, Carter wasn't ugly, he was fucking hot. And I am not entitled to be jealous, I don't even like him like that anymore.

“So I'll never see you again, because of a stupid girl?”

“Don't be ridiculous, I'll still come to visit you guys.”

“But what about the family company?”

“I don't know, you can have it.”

“What the hell I'm I going to do with a freaking Marketing company?”

“You'll figure it out, you always do.”

Carter smiled at us before speaking again.

“Come on, let's help Gram clean up, then we can get going.”

“Go, go where?”

“To Ryan's party?”

“You know about that?”

It was the first thing I asked since Ellie stepped into the bathroom. Carter turned to me with a big smile plastered on his face. I sighed

“Of course you do.”

“Yup.”

Ellie looks a little better, thank god. Grammy didn't really say anything about the whole Carter leaving situation, so I assume she knew. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm truly going to miss the knucklehead.

We were now at Ellie and apparently also Carter's friend Ryan's Beach party.
It's a pretty awesome party, if I do say so myself.

“Hey Q, are you okay?”

I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

“Oh, hey Carter. Don't worry, I'm great.”

“Are you certain?”

“Yeah. I'm certain.”

“Okay then. Please don't get to waste tonight.”

“I'll try my best.”

Carter smiled at me. He gave me a quick hug and left.

Yesterday I was so excited to come to this party, but now that I'm here, I wish I wasn't. It's strange how our minds and emotions work.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to figure my mind and emotions out. I'm so tired of everything. Not only that, but I just miss him so fucking much. Furthermore, I wish I could just talk to him one more time.

“I miss you so much, big brother.”

I said under my breath.

“Sorry, did you say something?”