AVANAH POV

I stood looking in the mirror trying to pose for pictures so I could upload to my instagram to show that Im in fact not dead. I haven't posted on instagram in 2 months so I feel like I'm due for an upload.

Im stood here trying to take pictures in a long oversized t-shirt that has a butterfly in rhinestones on the front of it, shorts, nike socks and my hair in a loose bun. I don't feel like myself. I feel really out of it. Obviously my scars are on show so I will have to face tune the picture and blur them.

I groaned looking through the 20 pictures I took of myself and swung my arms around that lead me to spin round in a circle. I picked up my vape off of my dresser and left my room, phone in hand and my heart racing.

I strolled down the stairs putting on a brave face and I could hear talking, I tried not to fall flat on my face as I'm not looking where I'm going while scrolling on my phone.

"Hey Avanah!" Sam says coming into the foyer and passing me up the stairs, "You have been missing the next party plans, Its the one for the halloween party." Ah, yes. How could I forget about Halloween coming up in 2 weeks.

"Oh, okay! Can't wait to see what you guys do for halloween." I say with a smile on my face, We all keep our halloween costumes secret cause its just more fun that way, If you're in a relationship, Like Jake and Tara, They will often make couple halloween outfits that always turn out so cute.

Sam continued to jog up the stairs and I followed where the voices were coming from, I walked into the kitchen and everybody was stood around the kitchen island discussing the plans for the party.

"Okay, So who exactly is invited?" Jake asks putting his hand in a chopping action on the counter surface.

Colby scrolled on his phone and began to list names, "All of us, Brennan, Reggie, Stas, Kevin-" Colby continued to list named but my attention landed on the fact that Kevin was invited. I still can't get the thoughts of nearly getting raped by him out of my head. I thought Sam said he wouldn't be getting invited to any more parties after what he did to me.

I got brought out of my day dream when Colby put his phone down on the counter top and asks, "Anybody I'm forgetting?" I don't want to say anything about Kevin coming to the party because it would just be awkward. I glimpse at everybody looking around and shrugging.

"Nah, I think that's everybody." Sam says, I didn't even realise he came back into the kitchen.

2 WEEKS LATER

I finished off my halloween make up by dripping the fake blood down my chest. Im dressed in a large dress shirt that is only buttoned about half way, a black belt around my waist so it is a bit more secure and my black Chelsea boots. I sprayed myself in perfume, More specifically Alien by Mugler. I don't know what I'm meant to be but if anybody asks I'm just going to say a pirate or something. The music has started playing already as I'm walking down the stairs, The foyer is all decorated with halloween decorations; ghosts, fake cobwebs, spiders, party lights, pumpkins and this 8ft tall zombie statue. Can you guess who wanted that..?..If you guessed Jake you are correct.

There's influencers that I've never met or have any clue who they are walking through the door. My heart is racing and I don't know why. I made it down the stairs, I saw people wearing masks and people with great looking costumes. I walked through the crowds of people and made my way to the kitchen where all the alcohol was. I picked up a solo cup and poured tequila and Coke Zero into it. I swirled it around for a moment before taking a sip, It was still kinda strong but I'll be fine with just small sips. There was beer pong going on the pool table in teams of 3, a huge speaker in the corner of the room blaring music that was incoherent to me. My feet could feel the vibrations through my shoes and if I couldn't hear the music I would at least be aware that there was loud as fuck music playing.