Chapter 7: A Mother's Special Day (Part 1 of 2)

Zackery's Pov:

I continued to sit idly in my chair in disappointment, looking over the footage of an attack I failed to lead. I replayed the footage over and over and over again as I carefully studied these 'aliens' society portrays them to be.

Firstly, I was observing both Red and her friend in battle with my soldiers. Red spun her deathly weapon in an area at speeds that I could not fathom, while her friend cast flames and other elements with a flick of her rapier. What surprised me is that none of my soldiers were even killed nor blood was spilled from their bodies after they had dealt with them. They both must have mastered wielding their weapons which I can relate to.

And speaking of weapons. Both Red's scythe and her friend's rapier have got to be the most well-crafted weapons I have ever seen in years. Something that the government certainly does not have in their arsenal. Red's scythe could even transform into a ranged weapon if needed, or rather some type of bolt-action sniper rifle from what I could tell...

My eyes were starting to hurt. I had no idea how long I'd been staring at these screens. But I couldn't stop now. Not without knowing how and where these things had come from in the first place.

These... Girls aren't normal...They are something else... Something that could potentially ruin our plans entirely.

A knocking at the door brought me back to my senses as I rubbed my tired eyes.

Zackery: "Enter."

The door was then open wide, allowing the light to enter the room I was currently in. Turning my chair towards the door, I simply spot one of my soldiers in front of it. A clipboard in his hand.

WSS(White Skull Soldier): "Good evening sir, is this a bad time?"

Zackery: "No, just get straight to the point soldier." I groaned, rubbing my sore back from slouching too much.

WSS: "Yes sir," He clears his throat. "We have managed to secure more areas for us to store our supplies in over the southeast and northwest as you requested. We are currently transporting the new shipment of weapons from our brothers far up north, and over fifty stores were robbed today."

Zackery: "Fifty? Why the sudden low numbers, soldier?" I asked. Rubbing my chin thoroughly.

WSS: "We had met some resistance from the police, but it was nothing we couldn't handle sir so no need to worry."

Zackery: "I see." I turned my chair away from the soldier's questioning gaze, looking over the many screens again.

WSS: "Something the matter sir?" I gave him a sideways glance. My hand still resting on my chin.

Zackery: "Come take a look at this, soldier."

With the sound of footsteps slowly coming from behind me, I could sense the soldier was right beside me. Looking over a scene where Red was dashing around the halls, leaving a trail of roses in her wake. Crashing into a group of White Skull soldiers as they were sent flying into the air.

WSS: "What is that thing, Sir?" I got up from my chair and walked towards a window.

Zackery: "That is who we're fighting up against, soldier." I stared off into the night, looking over the shining city ahead. Even from this distance, I could still hear the sirens echo in the calm winds. Growing ever so close to us. "The world is changing...Everything is slowly coming back to its original roots that we had burnt for so long..." I turned to him once again, and my face darkened.

Zackery: "And so we must change accordingly."

WSS: "What about (Y/n)? Should we call him back?"

Zackery: "No." I interjected with a strong glare. "The situation is still manageable, soldier. The world still fears us and it will continue to do so for the meantime."