Chapter 39 The Snow Melted

With Wei Wuxian's soft soothing gentle music, slow gentle rain of white particles falls, blessing everything it touches, and the evil energy of the phoenix has slowly bit by bit dispersed till there's none left. The dark night sky has been replaced by blue gentle color, greeting them all, sign of new tomorrow. Other than the shower of beautiful pure spiritual energy from the sky, the same pure spiritual energy has started to come out from the dead beast.

Soon, everyone witnesses how the familiar black iron came from the beast as Wei Wuxian continues, eyes closed, concentrating his purification music to that iron stone.

The iron stone that emitting black malevolent qi has been soon cleanse by the music. Upon leaving its vessel, the evil Phoenix dissipated into dust and forever begone. Together with this the barrier that surrounding, trapping all people in the village has broken down, freeing the village from five hundred years of entrapment.

Before Wei Wuxian's music would end, Lan Wangji, Myo Qing and Myo Ning watches and couldn't help but feel amazed at such a sight; down the mountain, the villagers and Hua Xie watches the same beautiful scene; and Xingxiu Xuanyu as well that standing in the middle of forest, has smile as his eyes sighted how the snow that covered the mountain and Night Snow Village is now uncovering every corner, changing into greenery, and soil; the whiteness turns into colorful surrounding.

Five hundred years of torment.

Uncountable cultivators' lives.

Nine poor maidens.

Finally, the Night Snow Village has been freed, as the—

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 39 The Snow Melted

Upon descendance from the mountain, Wei Wuxian and his comrades were all greeted by silence, and stares from the villagers. From the crowds, Hua Xie emerged and make obeisance towards Wei Wuxian and the others, and smiles at them; "This disciple welcomes Young Master Ying, Second Young Master Lan, Sixth Young Master Ning, and Lady Qing. Thank you for coming back safely."

Behind him are thousands residence of Night Snow Village, one by one claps their hands in front and performs obeisance as well.

Everyone is still puzzled on the events that happened at the mountain. One moment there are series of earthquakes, next moment the forever been sealed mouth of mountain open wide, next moment there's a giant bird flew out, then lastly, the snow has melted.

Now seeing four disciples from their mountain makes them more puzzled. One of them has same face as their village's priestess; one is normally familiar, and two isn't.

Hua Xie even without hearing their thoughts, knows what's inside of their heads, that he took the liberty to introduced them all. But then one villager asked the whereabouts of their priestess, this woman is familiar to Wei Wuxian as she's the first person he talked with about this village, so, Wei Wuxian answered her instead, claiming they have arrived too late and could no longer able to save the maiden. Wei Wuxian explains then to everyone that the situation of their village, that they no longer need to sacrifice anyone to feast their savior, that it wasn't really a savior but rather a monster that only wants to be feed.

But the Village chief who just gotten out from his "seclusion", accused them of killing their village's god, that after this their village will be punish for their crimes, and so on and so forth. Wei Wuxian asked him if he ever take a look around his surrounding, that if ever notices that the snow that covering their village have already melted, and the barrier that trapping them is already broken.