Chapter 11 Simple Gestures

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 11 Simple Gestures

"And according to Dokun A-Ying and A-Shun escaped..." he pauses to sigh, "again."

"Ah..." Cangse Sanren palmed her face, brushing up her hair out of her face showing a smile, while her husband has the same expression.

Wei Changze, "They are really you guys' children!"

Tiao Liujuan smiles as his finger is on his lips, "And I'm proud of her/him!" both him and Cangse Sanren said at the same time.

"We all are."

Currently Wei Ying and Tiao Shun: courtesy name Tiao Reishun were accompanying O Dokun, Ko Shun'U and Cong Guixiu in Chenqing Village to have a meeting to Sect Leader Xiao Zhan, but apparently the two kids escaped from the adults' supervision. Not that it is something new.

"Lan Zhan let's go over there!" Wei Ying energetically said as he drags Lan Zhan around the Chenqing market.

"To think that we joined your escape, we'll be getting scold for sure." Lan Huan said to Tiao Reishun.

Tiao Reishun, "Don't worry we're on the same boat later." the eleven-year-old lady of Zhuque Sect and fourteen-year-old young master of Lan clan were walking calmly and slowly, just behind the other two. "But really, those kinds of meeting were so boring."

Lan Huan, "Is that what you always felt?"

Tiao Reishun, "Not every time, at least."

Tiao Reishun and Lan Huan saw Lan Zhan pulls Wei Ying close to him to avoid getting collide with the upcoming courier that carrying a basket filled with assorted fruits. After the courier passes by, Wei Ying smiles at Lan Zhan thanking him.

Lan Huan, "Those two are so close..."

Tiao Reishun, "Is that bad?"

Lan Huan, "Not at all. Though, you seem so lax about my brother and Young Master Wei."

"Hm?"

"Aren't you afraid that there might be more on that closeness?"

"I'll be more than happy if there is."

"You sure? My brother might take away your Young Master Wei."

"It is OUR Young Master who will take away your Second Young Master Lan."

Lan Huan and Tiao Reishun chuckles at each other, as if they are asking one another to make a bet.

The busy street of Chenqin is getting crowded that people almost cramping on each other that causes Wei Ying to accidentally tighten his hold onto Lan Zhan's that when he realize he quickly withdrew in fear that he'll hurt the other, but a strong hand grabs Wei Ying's wrist and pulls him, letting Wei Ying to bump on that person, when he look he saw Lan Zhan staring at him.

"Don't let go." Lan Zhan quietly whispers to Wei Ying.

Wei Ying smiles and nods.

Way back at the other kids, from Tiao Reishun sees a young boy staring longingly on the pyramid tower of wrapped candies, making it obvious that he wants some. She steps towards the child's direction thinking she could spare a coin, but she retracted her foot when a man stands at the boy's side, smiling down at him.

'His A-die maybe...' Tiao Reishun turns away and rejoins Lan Huan on their expedition.

Finally, out of the crowd, both sighs in relief and continue their walk, holding on each other's hand still until Wei Ying caught a sight of many girls around that have their eyes dreamily fixated to his best friend. Wei Ying cannot blame them knowing Lan Zhan is after all a really handsome person.