Chapter 38 Zhuque Sect and Lan Versus Evil Zhuque

Fright is written all over the faces of the villagers, upon the sight of hills that turns into open mouth volcano in just one second. Witnessing the flame light from atop and slowly going down towards them.

The people have panic, the village chief is someone not good either, he who panic first, run away first, hides on his house, kneel in front of his god statue of unknown man, claps his hands together, rubbing as he chant a mantra of begging for his salvation. He did this, while the villagers have no idea of what they should do, asking where's their great "Divine Beast" that supposedly protecting them. But no one could answer them, this is a big question to each of them, and some even think that the "Divine Beast" is mad for offering a maiden who isn't from their village, that because they are so afraid to be sacrificial lamb, that they sacrificed their virginity to be save instead.

Hua Xie who is the calmness of all, shouted atop of his lungs, ordering everyone to go at the entrance of their village; most of them heard him but no one listen.

"Just what standing at the entrance could do Xiao-Hua?" One of the villagers ask fiercely at Hua Xie. Yes, Hua Xie is a cultivator, but this people doesn't know whether he is reliable, after all he let Shi Ying to become "Priestess", and they never witness him using his cultivation method, so no one trust him.

"The lava will be here soon! No one could be saved!"

"The "Divine Beast" is mad that the Priestess is an outsider!"

"It's Xiao-Hua's fault! If he didn't let Shi Ying—"

"It was you people who chose her!"

"Aiya! Blaming us? When you failed to protect Shi Ying?!"

"Our village will be doom!"

"We need to do something!"

"And what would that be?"

All eyes are on Hua Xie now, they are prying something, but no one let another word anymore, instead they started to march towards Hua Xie. Every single person in this village is insane. Deep inside, Hua Xie knew this, knew that all of them are ugly to the core. But just what anyone could expect from people who been throwing humans in the cauldron of their "god".

Does he really have to protect them?

In reality, Hua Xie could be safe inside his house, he could place a barrier, no sweat, he could just stay there, drink some hot beverage, relaxing and just wait for the two Young Masters to come back, while this people could just swim at the lava later.

He grips his fist, all in all, this people are not worthy to be save.

Not worthy to waste his spiritual energy.

Not worthy is slightest.

"Even so, we are cultivators, and our duty is to save the people."

Hua Xie recognized the familiar voice coming from behind him. The people, stop at their plot, and Hua Xie turns to confirm what he is thinking.

"Young Master Yu!" Standing behind him is the adopted son of Xingxiu Caipi and Madam Houki. The Moon Hammer Lord, Xingxiu Xuanyu.

Xingxiu Xuanyu stands to Hua Xie's side, and smile at him, "You hold out well, Hua Xie." Hua Xie nodded in recognition. Xingxiu Xuanyu then turns to the villagers. "Everyone we know how scared you all are. But we are here to ensure your safety, please do as we said and leave the rest to us." With the appearance of someone who like more reliable to their eyes, even they are hesitating they only look at each other with concern and fear but still obeys what have Hua Xie ask do earlier.

"But why is Young Master Yu here? Shouldn't you be with Lady Reinshun at Wangxian Valley?"

"Eh? Ah... umm yea, but we heard that We—Brother Ying was sent here so we rush here."