Chapter 26 Sleeping Beauty

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 26 Sleeping Beauty

It bothers Wei Wuxian so much, so much that he cannot stay still at his dorm and walk out the Gusu to search for this uneasiness. He walks on the market at Caiyi Town, but he didn't able to find the solution there. He went back to Gusu, and during his walk he tries to remember the sole beginning of this uneasiness.

That empty lot at Cloud Recesses, feels so empty, like Wei Wuxian thinks that there should be something in there; white, fluffy, cute, small things. But he couldn't figure it out of what should be it, even after so many years of being bother by it.

Wei Wuxian decided to stroll out the path for a while, not thinking anything particularly, except of how it will be nice if his sister Tiao Reinshun is here, knowing that she might could help him figure this out—with a little teasing in exchange.

Lan Wangji nor his present siblings could be any help at all, as he himself cannot describe it well, with only words: white, fluffy, cute, and small.

Wei Wuxian sat on empty slope, soon he lay down with his hands on his head, supporting. He closes his eyes and tries to imagine what those words could make if smash together. Something that hopping and the great description of cuteness, like it is the ultimate source of that word.

When Wei Wuxian is just around nine or ten, he tends to prank every head with many things; from colored powder to loud gong noise, to freeing the chickens, bombing with colored smoke, and insects... as well animals.

Wei Wuxian remembers that other than small tolerable insects, he also filled Tiao Reinshun's chamber with small, cute animals; from birds, to weasels, to cats, foxes, to— '...wait what is that again?' that thing that Wei Wuxian brought to Tiao Reinshun for the first time he pranked her, those small, cute, fluffy and hopping, yet they are black in color, 'that's.........' Wei Wuxian shot open his eyes when he felt something hop on his stomach, he look first to see what would that be, and that's it when finally solved his uneasiness. "Right! This is the thing!" He holds it gently, and raises it, big grin on his face. How come he took so long to discover it!

Lan Wangji is as always diligent on his work, moving brush with all manners the world could offer, which made his stroke of letters neatly, and brimming with beauty. Currently in Library Pavilion, copying some scriptures from his clan's ancestors' books earnestly, diligently.

"LAN ZHAN!" Popping up from the window is Wei Wuxian with huge grin on his face. Lan Wangji stares at Wei Wuxian for a while, clearly evident that he actually shocks at his sudden appearance on the window. Lan Wangji brings down his brush, hinting that he was out from stupor of such a beauty bestowed on his sight.

"Wei Ying." Quiet and calm, like the mess inside him never happen for a short moment.

Still with huge grin, "I have a gift for you Lan Zhan!" he said happily, as he entered the library, keeping his hands behind. "Move the scriptures first!" Of course, Wei Wuxian doesn't want to ruin Lan Wangji's hard work.

Obeying him without question, Lan Wangji clears his table, neatly organizing them beside him. With a nod, Wei Wuxian reveals what is behind him, a pair of rabbits, one black and the other is white, he gripped them by the ears, flicking randomly their feet, the pair has frown, not approving how Wei Wuxian handles them.

The rabbits are both plump and round, like fluffy snowballs. The black one had languidly laid unmoving on its stomach, its pink mouth moved lazily as it chewed lettuce, which given by Wei Wuxian, though who knows where he got it. On the other hand, the white one hopped up and down, as if trying to figure out where they are, then finding no danger on the new environment the white one lay atop the other and relax itself.

"What's the meaning of this Wei Ying?"

"Well, you see, there's an empty lot near the other exit of Cloud Recesses, right? And it's been bothering me on how empty it looks, so I look for what could fill it, and here they are! Wild bunnies! There is a lot of them outside the boundary! Want them?"

"The empty lot" Lan Wangji honestly feels that place empty for some reason, and he been also trying to figure out what would fill the place, seeing the pair of rabbits seems to solve it. He nodded, "I'll talk to A-die about this."

"You will keep them?! And put them on that lot?!"

"Might as well make a use of that place."

"Then I'll go with you! I'll help to convince Uncle Qiren!" knowing full well of who will be the challenge.

Lan Wangji nodded with smile, thinking how lovely Wei Wuxian's smile.

Thankfully, it didn't take so much effort to convince Qingheng-Jun, and Lan Qiren, thanking the rule: "Animal are forbidden" has been changed already. What has it changed into? "Dogs are forbidden in Cloud Recesses."

On why or how it transforms into this super specific rule, Wei Wuxian doesn't know, but his siblings knew the reason, and yet they decided to let Wei Wuxian to figure it out himself.

To show his gratitude to the elders of Lan Clan, Wei Wuxian volunteers to make a hundred copy of their Clan Rules.

And it's been three days since Wei Wuxian start diligently copying the two thousand rules with Lan Wangji who keep accompanying him in Library Pavilion, he either read a scripture or write a poetry.

Lan Wangji and his siblings have volunteered to help him copy but Wei Wuxian told them that it is his decision, and he will do it alone, and in exchange for his diligence, Lan Wangji never leave him alone in Library Pavilion, while the other members of Zhuque Sect alternating bringing them food.

Lan Wangji who reading a book raise his eyes and found Wei Wuxian, hand propped on his cheek, brush strokes already stop, and eyes are close; he is already sleeping. The white robe cultivator closes his book and stand up from his seat, went behind Wei Wuxian, and gently, softly pulls the sleeping cultivator into his arms, laying the head on his chest, positioning the hands on waist, and reopen his book. This is a really comfortable position to sleep, and Lan Wangji knows that.