21. Watching Tv

Magsimula sa umpisa

He looked back at the Tv to see what to do with the watch, but it had advanced quite a bit and he had no idea what the alien was doing.

He continued poking around the watch, which had three icons on top of a black background, yellow, red and blue respectively, each with some words.

He managed to open the blue one, showing a couple words that mooked to be organized in lines.

He tapped one of them and it showed a completely black screen, which scared him for a bit, to the though of having broken the device.

He looked up at Ri, who reached over and started scratching at the gel, making lines on the screen, which were a lot smaller and were placed automatically on specific spots.

He realized that it was for making words, so like a notes app, which he tried using, but got bored of, as it only allowed for lines and dots.

He tried finding a way to exit the app, but was only managing to move where the words would be and opening another note, with a ton of different words.

This made Sean have to begrudgingly accept the fact he had no chance of learning their way of writing.

Though at least this made Ri finally help him out and exit the app, showing the three icons again.

He opened the yellow one, showing a camera with some icons on it, to which Ri moved its arm away.

Ri then lifted its arm into the air and a beeping noise appeared from the watch, then showing that it took a picture.

He wanted to continue playing around with the watch, but Ri moved it away once again, this time reaching over to the side of the couch and pulling out the rectangle he had seen before.

It also had two parts, and so, Sean started playing around with it after Ri gave it to him, though it was a bit of a struggle as the thing was massive, even comparing it to Ri.

Though thinking about it, it was likely made for Tonuk, which would explain why the thing was almost half of his height, to the point that Ri decided to hold it for him.

There were loads of words on the screen, though they shrunk into an apps as Ri moved some stuff around on the tablet, and there were loads of icons on this new screen.

He tried tapping again, but instead there was a cursor, it was a small, hollowed out circle with another small dot inside of it.

He clicked onto a new app, which opened up into a white screen with some icons at the top.

He moved the cursor around, clicking on the icons, but they didn't do anything.

Ri showed him that it was a drawing app by pressing two claws on the gel, one on the corner which didnt move, and another which was now making lines, like with the writing app from before

This time though, he could actually start drawing, and now he found out what the icons were for, being for colours, sizes, etc....

He still couldnt fogure out how to exit, but finally, he saw that it was done using the buttons on the side of the tablet.

He continued trying some more apps, finally finding one he could kind of understand

It was a tower defense game, but you had to defend some plants in the center of the screen from some alien animals, coming from all sides.

He played for a while until another, quieter alarm rang from Ri's watch.

He heard Tonuks voice until Ri took the watch to its face, where he couldn't hear Tonuk anymore.

When he looked back to the game, he had lost, though something he noticed was a "life" counter while playing the game, which helped him start learning numbers.

He decided to look back to the Tv, which was now playing some sort of talkshow, which he had no chance of understanding.

He sat there thinking for a while next to Ri.

He was remembering his time at the wild, but he managed to push away the bad memories away by going back to the drawing app, using it to practice writing again.

.

Tonuk eventually came back, looking a lot happier, or so he assumed, mostly from its half closed eyes.

He then noticed that its tail was almost parallel to the ground for some reason, instead of almost dragging on the floor like usual, along with its massive ears being perked up again.

The two aliens chatted for a while until Ri also got up from the couch, leaving Sean cold once again.

Tonuk walked to the kitchen while Ri put on some boots with very wide bases along with a jacket.

Tonuk came back and set down a bowl with food and one with water, leaving Sean a bit mad, not wanting to have to drink from that.

Unfortunately, by the time he started complaining, the two were already leaving.

Ri was the first one outside, to which Sean found out the reason for the boots wide bases was so it could walk on top of the snow instead of sinking.

He realized the snow was basically almost a meter tall as Tonuk walked through it, struggling to walk through it.

They said their goodbyes and Sean tried doing so too, but he messed it up, which made the two aliens laugh, confirming that Ri laughed with clicking noises and Tonuk did by doing cooing noises.

They closed the door and Sean was left alone, with the tablet, but still alone.

He walked back to the room with the desks and continued practicing how to write, slowly getting better, though it was still difficult.

Hi everyone!
Glad y'all are enjoying the story so far, thanks for reading
Just wanted to ask out of curiosity, how are y'all imagining Tonuk and Ri to look like rn?