Useful

Solomon stood at his sentencing hearing with the infamous Murphy Braun beside him. He'd been recommended Braun by the CG boys and had later learned that the lawyer was a chain holder. Because of his friendship with the still out of state CG boys, Murphy had offered him a bit of a discount. As the judges spoke, the soldier got lost in thought.

He'd been caught one day when he was coming back into the state to visit his cousin. It turned out that the cops had been looking for him on a warrant for tax evasion, he'd been transferring money from the Cut account to his own though not officially paying himself. Through the month or so the court case was going on, cops like Lea Nova had tried to attach him to a few murders. The fact that he'd definitely murdered a few people during his time in Los Santos and some of the coppers knew it for a fact didn't matter, they couldn't prove it beyond reasonable doubt and some of the deaths were past the statute of limitations so he would get off without being punished for them was almost maddening for the law. They'd also had ideas that he'd been an arms dealer, a guy with a black van had once told them he'd gotten his handcuffs from his friend Solomon. The cops hadn't been able to catch him in the act, though, so he was getting away from that one, too.

The tall redheaded woman, a Judge Fitzpatrick he thought her name had been, cleared her throat.

"It's with great displeasure that we sentence you today, Mr Walker. You're a businessman who showed so much potential, but you've got a dark side to you. While we can't prove anything, we all know what you've really done, sir. For that and the way you've been so smug whenever the prosecution brings it up, we're inclined to hold you for the fullest extent of the law. It's only a shame we can't charge you for the murders you've committed. The streets will be safer with you off of them, even for the small time. We're sentencing you to five years in Bolingbroke." She spoke with an Irish accent that somehow made her words more harsh. The cops seemed happy with that result but Murph looked like he was going to argue with it. Sol shook his head to the lawyer, he didn't really care to debate his sentencing.

He'd arrived at the prison later and changed into his prison outfit. He wore a pair of orange pants and a white vest, a pair of thin sneakers, and a star of David around his neck. He sat in the yard, reading a book, when some men approached him. The one standing in front of them wore a black leather jacket as well as the prison pants he also wore, with his brown hair in what looked like a rock-hard quiff and a pair of sunglasses on. To his right was another man with a black hoodie and orange pants, his dark brown hair swooped in a hairstyle that reminded the soldier of Winston's, a skull mask covering his mouth and a pair of ski goggles covering his eyes. To the left of the first man was an older man with no shirt on though he wore black driver's gloves, grey hair that was pushed out of his face and matched the beard he'd grown, and a pair of light-adjusting glasses on his face. 

"You're new. Who are you?" The one in the front asked. Solomon rose a brow, cautious of these men who suddenly had interest in him.

"I was just sentenced today, but I've been around the prison for a week or so." 

"Huh, why haven't we seen you before?"

"I've been working out in my cell a lot. Thinking, praying." 

"How long are you in for?"

"Just five years." Solomon shrugged. The one at the front of the three nodded.

"I'm Marty. That's Lucas, call him Loops, and that's Mick." He introduced everyone. The masked man waved when Marty said Loops, and the older man nodded once when his name was announced. 

"Nice to meet you. Solomon." He nodded to the group before returning to his book.

"What're you in for?" Marty asked. The man laughed.

"I'm not an idiot, mate. I know that you're testing me right now to see if I'm either a threat or if I'm useful for you. I'm not either of those things." He said with a smirk. Loops took a step forward but Marty stopped him.

"We're lifers. We have to check in on the new blood." Marty's words made Sol pause. 

"Lifers? Hmm. Maybe I was wrong." He said quietly. He put his book down and looked at the three.

"Wrong?" Mick spoke. 

"Maybe I can be useful to you, and you can be useful to me." Solomon smirked.