༺ Game over. I lose ༺

Jobe Pov

I missed Isie so much it physically hurt but she seemed fine without me. I tried to make new friends and focus on Bella but deep down I knew that no-one could ever replace her. When Mr Carter assigned the assignment I was elated, because I thought that we would finally talk again but we ended up fighting and she said that she was done with me.

Congratulations Josephine Theodora Harper Collins, you are officially the first girl to break my heart.

Josephine Pov

I have lost a ton of weight and my hair is starting to fall off. I hate being sick because now I have to wear baggy clothes and a wig. I did this because I didn't want to have people's eyes of pity on me and I must have done a pretty great job since no-one had noticed that I was dying.

The person who I wanted to notice me didn't even spare me a glance. He gave up on our friendship so easily, it made me wonder if it was real or was it just a figment of my imagination.

I was on my way to class when my head started to feel dizzy and legs started to feel wobbly but that's when I saw him. I couldn't faint now, "keep going, you can do this," I thought to myself but it was too late, my body collapsed and my world went black.

Jobe Pov

I saw Isie coming in my direction but she was waking weirdly then suddenly she fell down and I ran to her. I carried her to the infirmary, but I couldn't help noticing how light and small she felt in my arms. After many unsuccessful attempts to wake her up an ambulance was called and she was taken to the hospital. I couldn't wait for the final bell to ring and as soon as it did, I rushed to the hospital.

I was greeted by her mum when I got to the hospital. Isie was still asleep. The girl on that bed was not my Isie, the girl on that bed looked so vulnerable and fragile.

"What's wrong with her" I asked her mum as I sat next to her

She didn't answer instead her eyes welled up with tears.

"Josie has cancer" she said after a minute of silence

My heart leapt into my throat and my world stopped for a moment.

"But its curable right?" I desperately said

"Unfortunately not, she has less then a year to live" she said through tears

"How long has she been sick" I asked

"We have known for a few months" she said

"Do my parents know" I asked

"Yes" she said

"So you guys knew and no-one bothered to tell me" I yelled.
I was angry but most of all, I was hurt.

I ran out of the hospital. I couldn't breathe, my heart felt like it had been cut into tiny pieces then ran over. This has to be some sort of sick prank, I said to myself as I tried to convince myself but the truth was...

My best friend was dying and I couldn't save her.