" Shrey... Stay awake.. Shrey.. "

He breathed weakly, tried to inhale Arini's smell. " T.. Take c... care.. " His voice poorly came. After that he closed his eyes totally. He didn't open them no more, no matter how much they called him.

🌻🌻🌻

After a day

Shrey's pov

I was laying on the hospital bed with my eye closed, breathing slowly. And near my head, a lady was sitting, running her fingers in my hair slowly. My mom. She cried the whole night for me, could close her eyes in relief for a second. Seems like, what I did, increased our problems more.

I felt my mom shifting little closer to me when I took a long, deep breath. The sound of my sigh was quite audible I guess. Moving closer to her, I managed to adjust my head in her lap. My eyes were still closed but I knew that her gaze was fixed on me.

I was embarrassed... I  couldn't think that it would end up being like this, I'll be caught and everyone will see me laying on the hospital bed. It was still little good as nobody asked anything yet. But I know this silence won't stay longer, I'll be welcomed with loads of questions. And I have to answer all of them.

Suddenly the noise door opening came to my ears. " How is he? Is he sleeping?" It was Anushka di..  I slowly opened my eyes to look at her. And just as I did that, she ran to sit beside me. Holding my hand, she asked, " How are you? "

I smiled weakly before answering, " Life mein pehli baar tujhe worried dekh rha mere liye "

( I'm finding you worried for me for the first time)

I earned a cute slap on my bicep. " Ahh.." I tried to act that it hurt and suddenly her expression changed. " Sorry...i am sorry..is it hurting ? Should I call the doctor ?" She was really worried this time. Oh my sweet sister!

I shook my head and closed my eyes again with a smile.

" Do you want to see your dad? Should I call him? " This time mom asked. And I nodded. After few minutes, my dad came too.

I couldn't look at his eyes. They were old and I never wanted to bring tears in those eyes. It was really rare to see fathers having tears. They're the tough pillars of a family, they seem to be hard like stone from outside but from inside, they're soft and caring.

Even though my father was a chill one, he still never shed tears in front of us. But today, the laying injured body of me teared him up. It was so heartbreaking to see.

" It was so silly of you Shrey. Did we ever ask you to do anything for money? We knew whenever the right time will come, our son will take care of us but not like this shrey " Came his first question. I couldn't do anything but lowered my gaze.

" You really didn't get any better idea than this Shrey? Was it really needed? See what you have done to you now " It was my sister now.

My mom hugged me once again and sobbed, " You don't know what we were feeling when you came here being unconscious, blood all over your dress, scars everywhere.. .. .. You'll never understand it "

I felt a sharp pain in my chest, as if something was cutting me inside. A few tears came out of my eyes when I was wrapped in a hug by my mom, dad and sister together. It was family hug and we all cried together.

" Promise us that you'll never do anything. You'll tell us everything before doing anything. " Mom made me promise and I had to say yes.

" And no matter what problem comes now Shrey, you'll focus on your career " Dad stated, " It's my order to you. Money will be arranged anyhow. But the time of making your career will go away Shrey... You're so smart... I don't need to tell you this "