I'm Like a Wolverine or Something

Where are we on the chart today?
_________________________

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

'What is that terrible noise?' I asked while looking at.. well at nothing. I could feel a mattress under me and a needle in my arm. I can assume that the needle is an IV and I'm in a hospital. 'I hate the smell of rubbing alcohol.'

I could hear voices, but it was like I was under water. I could hear them, but their words.. what the hell were they saying?

I decided, mentally, that I should go back to sleep. To at least gain whatever remained from my strength.

'Why does my left arm still feel broken?' That was the last question I could ask myself before the darkness embraced me fully.

XXXXXXXXX

I opened my eyes as I felt a strange warmth on my body. Looking around I saw that I was at some sort of cliff, the sky seemed to be lit ablaze. The source of it, well I followed it with my eyes. The purple ship couldn't be mistaken, neither could the beam.

Looking around I spotted three ODSTs, my friends. They seemed to also be staring at the ship. I felt a strange weight on my back as I pulled it out in front of me. A SPNKR, oh how I miss this beauty.

I shook my head as I placed it back and picked up a magnum and put it in my holster. Looking around I spotted a DMR and picked it up, alongside a few mags of course. I spotted multiple frags close to some spare rockets, and being the sane explosive user I am, picked all of them up and attached them to my shoulder straps.

But, before I could do anything, I started to fall through the floor. I spotted burning buildings around me before I impacted the ground and felt cold. Looking up I noticed I was at a snowy cliff, the burning wreck of The Mother of Invention behind me. In front of me were three figures.

The tall one was Maine, but he was holding something.. no that's a person. But who? The person he wasn't holding was in black armor, so Texas.

Looking back at the person he was choking I noticed the grey and red armor, alongside a fur collar. So, he's choking me. Got it, I'll need to kick his ass later.

Before he could do anything something impacted my chest and I started to roll again until I hit a wall and looked up. I was now at some strange alien structure. Its design escaped me for now, but what was currently catching my attention was a dude in dark grey and orange armor getting his ass kicked. I also noticed that one of my axes was in his shoulder, so I probably kicked his ass. But I couldn't spot myself, where am I?

I never got an answer as another axe flew into his crotch, and I felt myself tense up. That's one way to go. Anyways, a grenade threw him off the edge, which might I add, was above the clouds. I feel kinda bad.

But then it stopped. I was in a field, but everything was frozen. Nothing was moving. 'I guess this is the end, huh?'

Eh, it's been a good run. But I guess Maine kills me, probably threw me off the cliff. Jackass. But how does that explain grey and orange getting my axes in both a shoulder and crotch? Who would I give those to? Oh yeah, no one.

Meh, I'll figure it out later. Gotta prepare for a probable death soon anyways. Gotta sharpen some things soon. Just in case.

XXXXXXXXX

"Margaret Thatcher is dead!" I exclaimed as I shot up. The first thing I noticed was the lack of pain in the entire left side of my body. Neat. The next thing I noticed were a couple doctors looking like they just got done with a surgery. But who's?

I looked at them before some short yellow dude appeared in front of me, though they seemed kinda scared. Why is little dude scared? Is there a monster?! Get me my grenades!

"No! No grenades!" She shouted. Wait.. she?

I just looked at her with a puzzled look before she seemed to realize what she did and tried to become as small as she could. Which could be very.

"Um," how the hell do I talk to this AI, or is she a schizophrenia pal? The latter is funnier, I'm sticking with it. "What's your name?"

Really? That's what I asked? But she didn't mind, in fact she seemed to grow a little taller. She still seemed scared though. "Um, I'm Eta. It's n-nice to meet you.. u-um what do I call you?"

I smiled, then realized something. "Where the hell is my helmet?" I asked myself before I looked at Eta and smiled, "You can just call me Al, all my friends do."

Timeskip, I don't know what to write

I sat in a chair as the head of the medical staff told me that I could leave the medical ward and could start doing some training, just keep it not super strenuous. "Don't want to open up those wounds again." He had said that. Those were his words.

So, here I am. In the process of inspecting some of my equipment. I was currently holding a grenade as Eta sat on my shoulder and watched me. The reason I'm holding the grenade? There was a rat. It was pretty big.

"York," I smiled under my helmet as I slowly pulled the pin, "What are you doing in my locker?"

He froze before slowly turning around while raising his hands, "Um, nothing?"

I rose an eyebrow at him as Eta muttered something about thieves. He slowly stood up and suddenly pointed to something behind me. "Look, a distraction!"

"Where!" I exclaimed as I looked behind me and saw Tex standing there. Turning back around York was, surprisingly, still there. "We're fucked, aren't we?"

He didn't answer as Tex walked up to us. I gulped as Eta disappeared, or as I call it 'went back to the backpack'. I think I saw my life flash before my eyes, not sure.

"York, Al." Her words seemed to pierce me like a knife because I flinched. I had my reasons. "Come with me. I want to discuss some things with you both."

I simply nodded my head before pulling York with me as I put the pin back in my grenade. We walked a couple minutes until reaching a pretty secluded section of the ship. Tex turned to us before popping the question.

"What's your opinion on the project?"

______________________________

Sorry for the small chapter, been kinda busy with school and balancing my school work, writing, and being sick. Not easy by the way.

Anyways, have a nice day/night

Bama out