Another day, another flamingo

Sorry for neglecting this book, other ones needed my attention.
______________________

2 days later

"Al," I heard someone call out to me. Turning I saw Lou as he stood at the door of the infirmary. Me and Carolina were still in there with York, although she was currently asleep in a chair with her helmet off.

"Yeah, what do you need?" I haven't ate in a day, so that's probably why he's here.

"You need to eat, it's been two days."

I looked at him surprised, not that he noticed since my helmet remained on. Has it really been two days? I mentally asked myself as I stood up and wobbled for a second. I steadied myself as I slowly walked towards him, "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely positive," he answered as he turned around and motioned me to follow him. We slowly walked down the hallways, mainly because I couldn't walk straight, as we made our way to the cafeteria. When we walked in we saw Wash and North talking about something, I didn't pay much kind to it as I walked over to get food.

I absentmindedly put food on my tray as I sat next to Wash, "Have I gone crazy or is Wash still wearing his helmet?"

North shook his head as Wash spoke up, "We can eat with our helmets on now."

"They finished that? I thought it was a joke."

"Well it's not," he bluntly said while drinking his drink.

What if you throw up? I asked myself as I started to put food in my mouth. We made small talk as I just kept on eating and drinking, which my stomach thanked through less growls. Holy shit I was hungry! I looked at my tray and it was spotless, there was also a piece missing, That's why it was crunchy!

I heard someone walking, quite angrily might I add, to our table and turned and saw South. Why is she always pissed? The world may never know.

"Louisiana," she said getting his attention, "Training room. Now." She left no room to talk as she grabbed him by his arm and dragged him away from us.

"Al! Help!" He yelled at me. In response I just saluted him, "Fuck you! I'm not saving you from her next time!" He yelled as he disappeared.

"What was that about?" I asked North.

"I got ranked above her." He just nodded and sighed to myself.

"I get that she's competitive, but why care so much about what that board says? It just divides us in the end."

"She doesn't like being last, and well, she's to stubborn to realize that."

More like too slow. I thought as I grabbed my tray and put it in the trash, Then again, I'm number 11. But I also don't care about the ranking, need to hold some cards close to my chest.

I said goodbye to both of them as I made my way to my room. On my way I saw Maine in the armory inspecting his weapons, making me realize that I should do that soon. I put that on my calendar as I walked into my room and looked around. The picture of my squad was there, an ODST flag was folded next to my bed, and a picture of me in climbing gear was there.

"Maybe I should go rock climbing later, it's been a while." I said to myself as I laid down in thought.

This project is not normal, the Director definitely has something else planned, but what? He only has one A.I. so who will it go to? Maybe I'm looking to far into this, but I rather be prepared for something rather than nothing. I thought before sitting up and looking at my journal, back when I was younger. It had some wear to it, even some light burning, as I grabbed it and flipped through the pages. I had written down my training and even drew some doodles. Then again, I wrote about a lot of things.

I put it down as I looked in the corner of my room and saw two ice axes, back when I was living on Reach and would go climbing every now and again. Those would make great close quarter weapons, and with the added bonus of me knowing how to use them. Yeah, I could do that.

I quickly grabbed them as I attached them to my legs, using the straps that I still had on my armor. I left the room as I went towards the training room. On my way I saw a tired Louisiana and a satisfied South leaving there. I quickly stopped Louisiana and asked him something, "Are you still alive?"

"Yeah, yeah I think so," he looked at me, "Why?"

"Just making sure," I patted him on his shoulder as I continued on my way, "Can't have you dying now, can I?"

"I guess not," he sighed as he looked at me, "That woman is a demon."

"Yeah, I know. Why do you think I didn't help you?" I was walking backwards now, "I didn't feel like getting voluntold again."

"Oh, so that's why you saluted me.." he mumbled as he made his way to either his room or a therapist. Either way I hope he finds a way to cope with what he had to experience.

I entered and looked around, spotting no one. That's probably because Carolina is in the medbay with York. I quickly selected a mode I often saw Wash do, which was training with knives and the like. I saw many targets float around me before I grabbed my axes and smiled under my helmet, this will be fun.

Timeskip because we don't need the training montage

"F.I.L.S.S." I breathed out as I put my axes back into their spots on my legs, "How long have I been doing this?"

"Four hours, thirty-three minutes, and twelve seconds."

Great, just in time for dinner. I thought as I made my way out of the room. Though as I walked out I saw Texas making her way towards it. I never really talked to her, maybe because I was cooped up in the medbay.

"Texas," I called out to her, "You getting some training in?"

"Yeah, is anyone else in there?"

"Nope. It was just me."

"Good, I rather not hold back."

Well she's like Carolina in that regard, I thought as I nodded and waved her bye. I shook my head as I walked towards the cafeteria. I walked in and noticed that no one else was here so I just shrugged and got my food. I looked around before taking off my helmet and resting it in front of me. I felt cold air on my skin and let out a sigh of relief as I started eating. It went by quickly as I put my tray away and my helmet back on. I quickly left and made my way to my room and laid down, not even bothering to take off my armor, besides my helmet anyways. I looked at the ceiling and closed my eyes, letting sleep take me.

__________________________

That's right, you might have thought I forgot about this story, but no. I just didn't know how to continue, but now I do and it's going to be a wild ride.

Anyways, have a nice day/night

Bama out