𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Start from the beginning

"That's not fair," Scott tried to argue.

"Life isn't fair Scott. Now, you've been arguing with Stiles, because you want to hand down millions of dollars to a psychopathic werewolf, like Peter, who wouldn't think twice before stabbing you in the back."

"The money is his," Scott said.

"And I couldn't care less Scott. If you hand him that money, and he uses it to hurt anyone, that blood will be on your hands, because it'll be your fault. You'll be his facilitator, Scott."

Avoiding his eyes, Scott remained silent.

"I killed the monster who killed my brother, Scott. I killed him with my bare hands," Alistair said, bringing his hand inside his shirt, grabbing the big fang of his collar, taking it out to show Scott. "I have this from him, we all have one. Every time I look at this, I don't only think about how I avenged my brother, but about how many lives I saved from that monster."

"I—" Scott started, but shut him mouth when Alistair raised a hand.

"It's cute seeing you try to always be the good guy, Scott, but that will lead you nowhere. Trust me, Scott, no one will respect you any more just because you say you are opposed to death. You need to let go of your desperate need of self-righteousness and self-ego pleasing, just to prove you're worthy of being a true alpha."

Giving their conversation for finished, Alistair walked to his window, breathing in the cool air of the night, trying to regulate his emotions.

After tense minutes of silence, Scott gave three steps, "Thank you for saving Stiles," he said in a soft voice.

Alistair nodded with a heavy sigh. "It's late, Scott, go home," he said. Even if his voice revealed it wasn't a simple suggestion.

It didn't take long for Scott's heavy steps to take him out of Alistair's room.

The room was packed. Alistair, Michelle, Scott, Stiles, Kira, and Liam all stood around a small table.

"Will five be enough?" asked Kira, gesturing the laptops on the table.

"It comes down to how many camaras they have, but I guess so," responded Stiles.

"The hospital has over twenty of them," sighed Alistair, tired of trying to stop their plan.

"We're really doing this?" asked Liam in a small voice. "Isn't it a little bit dangerous?"

"Very dangerous and borderline idiotic, I would say," said Michelle.

"Have you done anything like this before?"

"Something dangerous or idiotic?"

"Yes, to both," said Alistair.

"You don't have to, if you don't want to," Scott told Liam.

The boy frowned, "I'm not scared."

"Then, you're a borderline idiot," said Alistair. Michelle squeezed Liam's shoulder as a reassurance.

"So, the plan is to claim that Scott died, then claim we can't send visual proof it, which would cause, in theory, for the Benefactor to come themselves to check his body, right?" Michelle asked.

"Exactly," said Scott with a smile. "Because, without visual proof..."

"You don't get paid," completed Kira.

"They'll have to check that the target really died," suggested Alistair.

"Especially one with such high price," completed Stiles. "Although, I'm still curious who's the other one, you guys saw it? She's worth forty million! Hope Mikaelson, what kind of name is that?"