Chapter-29: The Fashion Show

Start from the beginning

Noor's outfit

Dua's outfit

°°°
FASHION SHOW AESTHETIC

°°° FASHION SHOW AESTHETIC

°°°

As the event started I went in and congratulated Dua. Noor had told us about the mishap with her cousin last week but I was glad Dua had managed to pull it off. Dua had invited Zain, Ahaan and Kabir too. However Azaan wasn't there, well he shouldn't be as her family would kill him. I hadn't expected Zain to show up but he did and how fortunate was it that my seat was between Zain and Noor. Note the sarcasm guys. As I sat down I shot him my famous 'I will kill you' look and he put on his own famous poker face.

Just five minutes before the show started, Alizeh came in with someone. I had told this girl to bring someone she brought him? I looked at Zain who no longer had a poker face but a murderous look on his face now. As if that wasn't enough, Mahir Hadi looking in our direction even interlinked his fingers with her. They sat on the other side of the stage opposite us and I felt a pang of emotions I had stopped years ago.

Five years had passed since I last saw him and ten years to our first meet but the rush of emotions I thought had faded came flooding back. I had feelings for him during our school days, but I kept them hidden because I knew he wasn't interested in me. We met first during our school when we had an interschool debate competition. Even though, he was from the other school, he had extended a hand of friendship after the competition. He actually approached Alizeh and I was with her. He was clearly flirting with her but that stupid girl was busy trying to find her mystery library guy to notice Mahir. Over time, the three of us became friends and started hanging out. Mahir was attractive even she couldn't deny that but she was stuck on her library guy whom she never even saw again for the second time after the competition. When she asked Mahir about him, apparently he already had someone else in his life, so I advised her to get over it. Over the years, she did have a crush on Mahir for the briefest period, probably a week highest but the girls made a big deal out of it whereas I kept my feelings hidden for years.