Chapter 1

When it rains

POV- Y/N

Walking into my apartment lightly covered in snow and drained of energy I hear the T.V. playing, the only semblance of noise within the house, kicking my shoes off at the front door, roughly slamming it behind me, I Tossed my keys into a bowl atop the kitchen counter. Stumbling into the living room, I take off my coat and drape it onto the recliner beside the couch.

Standing beside the recliner watching the ads as I take off my jacket, one plays catching my attention. The sales person yells out, "Hey You! sad,lonely, little, Man child!"
-feeling called out I reply, "hey, ok enough..." grabbing the remote from the T.V. stand in annoyance I prepare to turn off the ad, but hesitate letting it continue,
"Don't YOU want the latest animatronic assistant!? They are called Protogens, they can defend your young, clean the house, even cook AND express empathy and other human emotions!"

Rolling my eyes I turn off the T.V. until my brain contemplates, "if I get a protogen to take care of the house while I'm gone and have some company every now and then, Even get to come home to a fresh meal, ugh, thinking about it is getting me-" my stomach growled, "hungry.."

Looking over to the fridge I shift towards it, opening the cooler wide I spot my lone ketchup bottle and spoiled carton of milk. Sighing in defeat I close the door behind me and slump my way into the bedroom without a care. Messy bags and mini boxes of fast food are sprawled along my desk, garbage overflowing and baskets of clothes not folded nor put away waiting beside the door next to photos of family and friends sprawled along the side of the wall, falling onto my bed laying for a moment regaining is much energy I can muster to push myself back up, pulling out my phone I set it on the desk beside me.

Beginning to take off my shirt I walk over to the far window looking outside observing the near empty streets. looking up to the cloudy sky snowing lightly I see the stars glistening past the clouds in the night sky whispering "one day... I'll escape this hell... at least it's Friday I can sleep in tomorrow..." Sighing, turning away and walking back towards the bed, stubbing my toe in the process. Dropping to the ground grabbing my foot exclaiming "Mother! Fucker!" Rubbing my foot quickly trying to make the pain go away as fast as possible hearing a loud crash of lightning moments later, the power cuts off within the apartment. Sitting in the darkness all I can do is take in a deep breath and exhale in irritation.

Pushing myself up off the ground I navigated my pitch black room using the outside lights to make my way through. Finding my desk snatching the phone off of it turning the device on, using it as a flashlight noticing that my phone is at 18% grabbing a shirt off the ground slipping it on, While I head to the light switch flipping it on and off in quick succession concluding that the lightning must have knocked the power out Sighing in exhaustion "of course can't have shit in this house!" Making my way out of the bedroom I snatch my coat off of the recliner rushing to the front door. putting on my shoes in anger leaving out of the apartment slamming the door behind me.

Making my way towards the staircase, aggressively I put my phone in my pocket walking up the flight of stairs I began noticing the lights flickering within the stairwell. Thinking to myself, "it must be knocking out the entire building's power..." Exiting the stairwell reaching the snow covered roof I noticed that a few neighboring buildings' power also began to flicker slowly and the lights began to die out. Looking over to our fuse box I see electricity writhing from it, the color being a mixture of blue and orange. Taking a step closer while I reached out a hand towards it, commenting "intriguing..." stepping ever closer I reached out towards the fuse box. Until stopping in my tracks pulling away abruptly exclaiming, "now that's how you die..."

Looking around for something to poke it with I notice a stick on the ground. Reaching down to grab it, I slipped on the ice causing me to fall. Attempting to catch myself, I reached a hand out towards the wall planting My hand directly atop the fuse box, feeling the just of electricity surge within me along with a hint of Agonizing pain I begin to scream at the top of my lungs, attempting to pull my hand back but it won't budge until the fuses blow the pain slowly fades as the fuse box shuts off. swiftly ripping my hand away from the box inspecting it, seeing my palm burnt, checking and inspecting my body, placing a hand on my heart checking its pulse... a moment goes by without feeling my heartbeat beginning to panic a little until it beats naturally causing myself to sign in exhaustion as I exclaim exaggerated "Dear Lord... What the fuck..."

Sitting on the ground for a couple moments slowly beginning to regain my composure until I notice the snow on the ground fading quickly to puddles, as the snow in the sky changes into heavy rain, looking up to the sky feeling wind blowing roughly around me with the feeling of my hair being to float up lightly. feeling that something's coming, And it is coming very fast directly towards me, not stopping for even a second.

The rain pelt my face as I began to accept the next few moments in my life to see a white light quicken rush towards me, for what seems like moments my mind slows down the world my thoughts begin to play in my head my thoughts "so this is it... I suppose it's been a nice ride... oh who am I kidding this fucking sucked... I've spent my life doing jack shit... and the worse part is... I'm gonna die a virgin... fuck... John was right... I really am a loser..." Suddenly a vortex-like portal opens above me, wide eyed I see a truck sized jet fly overhead taking the blast of lighting for me,

The right wing gets ripped off by the blast causing it to quickly spiral out of control and crash land into the middle of a park's baseball field. standing up quickly and running over to side of the building staring at the mesmerizing craft. A few moments later a loud explosion erupted from the ship sending an orange shockwave through the air clearing the rain for just a moment.

I yelled out "Shit!" running to the staircase repeatedly yelling out "shit shit shit" as making my way to the ground floor I shoved my way past the entrance doors looking around for a moment, then dashing toward the baseball field.