Chapter 21~Angelo?

*writer's POV*

A loud unbearable ring, torn through the silence. Mrs. Deino picked up the call with a grumpy sigh. Her palm ran through her hair in frustration, she had a lot of workload and it didn't look like she would be done anytime soon. And a call from an unknown number was the last thing she wanted to handle.

"Yes? Why didn't you go through my secretary, if it is nothing important, please go through the normal procedures," she answered as she was about to hit the red button to cut the call.

"Ma'am? It is me." A similar voice answered. Her anger slipped away knowing that it was indeed a private call.

"Yes? Any news?" she answered as she sat up slugglishly waiting in anticipation and the other end to clear his throat.

"We have found her. The girl that was abducted along with Mr. Deino Xavier. She is still alive and lucky for us in this city." she jumped off her chair as soon as she heard this. Her heart pounding hard. She sat back again, telling herself to calm down because it could just be a lie to get out millions of her.

"You lie," she said with a calm voice, regaining composition.

"No ma'am this is real this time. I will send you a photo and her address this instant.

She remained calm, or at least tried to. Her legs were shaking in fear and excitement, she couldn't believe it. This was it! This was what she prayed for, and her prayers were finally answered. Her grandson had hope, he was going to be healed, or at least they had a greater chance now.

A beep.

Her hand shook as she tapped the notification.
She loaded the file and looked at it.
The shock was evident in her face. She could not believe who she was looking at right now. She knew her intuitions were always right, and they didn't fail her this time too.

The recent psychologist treating her grandson had told her that if she could find the girl and find a way to bring her close to her grandson, memories can be triggered and then proper healing can take place once they dig out the main cause of his psychological disorder.

"Thank you, thank you so much. You will be handsomely rewarded. Do send your account details." she answered, joyfully evident in her voice.

Xavier has been her joy, regardless of how much hate her husband had for him and even how much she resents her daughter. Xavier has been the perfect child and he was the glory of the company. She was getting old and he was almost due to have the whole of DEINI ENTERPRISE to his name, but then she discovered his mental disorder. Kept from her husband the whole board of directors and the press, who would do anything to bring him down from fulfilling his dream. He worked so hard, and he deserved it, much more than anyone else.

She reached for her office telephone and dialed Xavier's number. A single ring and he picked it up.
"Come to my office now," she said and cut the call.

***********

*Antonio's POV*

I adjusted my black suit, unbuttoning the top button and losing my tie. I was going to get killed by this suit. I wondered how people wore this effortlessly. This was hell!

I was sitting close to the window of the best cafè in LA. I just moved her, so I wasn't so sure of how great their coffee was, all I knew was that I was addicted to coffee and I needed a lot to start this stress-filled day. I got a call from Grandpa, telling me to come back to LA. And this morning another call to go to our company and meet with Grandma. I wouldn't have been this grumpy if I was wearing casual, but no, I had to wear a complete suit. The fact he stressed himself to send a suit this morning and two security men, that wouldn't let me step out except I was fully dressed.