A Creature So Divine

En başından başla

    I knew that Shannon deserved what he got, but I also knew that Mercy had too much forgiveness in her heart to forget about him and let him go, but I was still worried she'd never forgive me for what I did to him

"How bad?" I asked quietly.
"You were one punch away from ripping his jaw from his face," Hange said flatly. "He needed two stitches across one cheek, three across the other and one on his lower lip. He's on bed rest with a severe concussion, but he shows no signs of long term trauma."
"Good."
"You think it's good that you ripped the kid's face to shreds?" Hange asked tiredly as they took their glasses off and rubbed their eye.
"He decided his fate the moment he laid a hand on her," I said firmly as I lifted my gaze to them. "But it's good that he'll come out of this with no long term damage."
Hange put their glasses back on and leaned back in their chair.
"It's weird seeing you look on the brighter side of things for once," Hange scoffed and crossed their arms over their chest.
"Got tired of being a pessimist, I guess."
"Maybe," they said slowly. "Or maybe it has something to do with your new living situation."
"What's that suppose to-"
"I'm just teasing you," Hange laughed as of their normal personality had taken reigns over their Commander personality. "Has the transition been okay?"
"Weird... At first," I said as my eyes fell to the ground again. "Can't complain."
"Has she had any new memories surface?"
I stared at them blankly.
I could've just told them that she hadn't had any memories pop up since the last ones I told her about, but I knew it was in my best interest to tell them the truth.
"Yeah, she has," I said nonchalantly, hoping it would make them drop the subject, but I knew better.
"What about?" Hange asked excitedly as they leaned forward on the table.
I stared at their interested posture and expectant gaze.
Hange always saw Mercy as a good soldier, but they also saw her as some sort of experiment even if knowing Mercy's memories was beneficial to her case.
I knew that they would pry it out of me no matter what, but I had to try.
"Nothing important."
"Oh, come on," Hange said as they blew raspberries. "No detail is too small."
"I don't want to get into this right now, Hange."
"Why?" they asked dubiously as they leaned back in the chair. They raised an eyebrow at me.
"It's... not anything that will help her case," I sighed and looked back to the floor. "Just something that happened to her while she was underground."
"Levi," they started seriously, "I need to know everything. Not only will it help me get a timeline of her years Underground, but every detail matters because if we can get every detail then we'll have the whole story."
"Hange," I said firmly as I stared back at them. "I'm asking you as your right hand man and as your friend to drop it."
"Levi-"
"Goddamnit, Hange, I said drop it," I growled.