One Bored Night

(Laney point of view)

Wednesday, July 10, 2015

The story starts on a wednesday night at my sister Haylie and I's house. Our friends Luke, Micheal, Andrea, Freddy and Jennifer where all spread out making our selves comfterble. Every thing was calm a quite as we all just messed around with our phones. That is until Haylie decided to bring Friday the 13th which just so happend to be that friday.

''We have to do something, we always do" My sister whined as she adjusted her position on the edge of our large L shaped sofa.

My sister had point out ever since we where kids(when our emo phases where in full swing) we made it a tradition to do something "spooky" on Fiday the 13th. To be fair it was a tradition we were all just waiting to outgrow. There where only so many 'haunted' houses, late night cemetary walks and horror movie nights one could take before the tradition would lose its excitement.

"Do we really have enough time?" Jennifer asked as she fiddled with her long brown hair and shoved her cold feet under my warm blanket.

"I mean we have done more with less" Andrea growns from the Sofa's matching black recliner in the corner of the room. Andrea had the classic "I'm done with life personality".  A helpful or at least some what possitive comment from her was truly a suprise.

"If Andrea is showing signs of hope then we probably all should give it a chance." Micheal chirped. He looked at Haylie with a smile. I should have known he would agree with her.

"There is nothing left worth doing. We have seen all the haunted houses, we have stayed the night in a cemetary, we have done all the horror movie scary shit. Maybe its time to let this tradition die." Freddy said as he scrolled through twitter. Most likley slidding into the dms of a girl who didnt want him. He layed on his back sprawled across my feet with his legs resting on the arm of the couch.

"There is always something left to do I geuss"I groaned, grabbing my laptop from the dark stained coffee table infront of me and adjusting my position in the corner of the couch to my previous one. Jenn looked at my screan with me, but the rest just went back to there previous activities.

Haunted places in Seattle, Washington

I scroll through the dozens of gloomy memorials and obvious haunted places we had already been to. I find a couple sites that show a tad bit of hope and open them in a new tab before scrolling more.

Five web pages later I honestly  had found nothing worth looking into. I click on the last tab with a deep breath. Id hoped for something intresting, but in reality I expected another flop.

The grey web page filled the scream of my black laptop. The page looked like your basic "haunted" site which drained the little hope I had. I was about to click off not willing to feed into the desipointment any longer when I read the headline.

Washingtons oldest Insane Asylum Is leaking with angry and tortured spirits.

Sure it seamed basic and nothing to abnormal, but id never seen this head line before. Washington like any other state of course had haunted hospitals, but non where still standing or not still in progress. I had been doing this research for a good four years and this wasnt a place or a website id ever seen.

The article goes on and on about how old and noneffective medical procedures were practiced on insane patience. Patience were also fallen victim to experiments and torture along with being forced to work. Records were poorly kept and many Dr's failed at trying to prove patience insanity, despite this the hospital was commonly over used.  The Hospital had several mishaps over the years even after half a century of being shut down. 

"No way in hell" Jenn laughed as she read the long paragraphs from over my shoulder.

"I doubt its even haunted" I laughed.
"I mean it would be nice to go for some asthetic Insta pictures"

"Nope, did you not just read the sentince about mishaps even after the hospital was shut down." My friend looked at me like I was insane for even encouraging the idea.

"Did you guys find something!" Haylie chirped with excitement. She parted her self from the mini cuddle session she was haveing with Micheal on the opposite end of the couch and crowled over Jenns lap. She looked through the web site with a huge grin on her face.

"This is perfect, it even has a map of the land" Haylie grinned. The rest of my friends crowded around the screen and looked at the page.

"Its a couple towns over?" Luke commented as his blue eyes moved back and forth analyzing the screen.

"We could make a road trip out of it." Micheal commented.

"This is such a dumb idea! Where would we sleep, what if we get killed and our parent dont know where to look for our bodies!" Jennifer said in a dramatic tone.

"She has got a point. We dont have school, but put parents arnt going to let us just go out of town and tresspass on dangerous property." I said.

"Your parents our out off town and so our Micheals. Neither care if we stayover when there gone" Freddy siad.

"Sleep overs, not road trips." Andrea scoffed.

"All they need to know is the sleep over part" Fred smiled.

"Where would we stay?" Haylie asked. "A hotel? Can we really afford that?"

"We could stay in the building for a couple nights. It would be like a camping trip." Andrea suggested.

"Now you wanna vacation there!" Jenn Screached.

"Jenn its not haunted" Freddy laughed poking fun a the teens fear.

"You dont know that! Plus we would need supplies and everything else for a thing like that" She defended.

"Then tomarrow will take a trip to walmart!" He smirked

"So its settled" Micheal chirped.

"Dear fucking lord" Jenn made her last comment before finally giving into the peer pressure along with the rest of us. This was gonna be one hell of a friday the 13th.