Eyes don't lie, say you're mine. - Mean Gills (Secret Life)

En başından başla

"When I did this the first time?" Martyn questioned.

Scott shivered but tried to keep his expression from showing his discomfort, "Did... What? Martyn. What did you do?" Martyn tried to keep a brave face but his eyes were filled with fear.

"When I put you down from green to yellow?" Martyn said, eerily calm.

Scott stared at the blonde, mental flashes of water, blood, a sword, Jimmy, Martyn, a shooting pain in his chest, arms wrapped around his body. He dropped his gaze from Martyn's eyes to the grass. He heard Martyn suck in shaky breath.

"You do...?" The blonde said, he sounded afraid.

"Of course I do Martyn," Scott said, looking back up at him, "I'm a winner, winner's remember. I thought a Listener of all things would remember that," It came out more derogatory then he meant for it too.

This fact was reflected in Martyn's eyes. While his body and his expression remained calm, his eyes told Scott a completely different story. Fear, hurt, maybe anger. All things Scott could read from just Martyn's eyes, a skill he had gotten good at due to the blondes tendency to lie.

"Yeah? Well maybe this Listener doesn't fucking care anymore." Martyn responded without skipping a beat.

"Just kill me Martyn," Scott sighed, rolling his eyes.

"No." Martyn refused, shaking his head.

Scott sighed again, "Kill me Martyn," He said more sternly.

Martyn refused again, "No." He upped the anti.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because I can't," The red name responded.

Scott had a very hard time believing that, "Okay- so- last week when Jimmy asked you to hit me for one of his stupid tasks you did it no questions asked! But the moment I ask you too you suddenly can't?!" Scott said in an accusatory tone, stepping closer to Martyn and watching as Martyn took a step back. "Bull. Shit."

"Jimmy is-..." Martyn trailed off then noticed Scott raise an unamused eyebrow at him, cross his arms, and immediately changed the aim of his sentence, "That was different, all I had to do was hit you- not even that hard may I add!" Scott rolled his eyes, "This is different!"

"You don't even have to hit me that hard! I'm on one heart! You could give me high five and I'd die!" Okay... That was an exaggeration, but it got the point across.

Sort of.

Martyn looked appalled, "Scott I can't," He repeated in a calmer tone.

"Why not! Five minutes ago you were fine with it!" Scott exclaimed stepping forward again until he was right in front of Martyn, "So what?! Literally what?! What is sooo different about right now?!"

Martyn's brow furrowed, "Because you remember!" He said.

"That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard!" Scott yelled.

"It wasn't dumb when I told you then!" Martyn yelled back.

Scott was confused, "Told me what?!"

"That I didn't want to kill you!" Martyn said.

"Well you did anyway!" Scott said, venom filling his words.

Martyn sucked in a breath and stared at Scott, tears filled his eyes but he didn't dare let any fall, "That wasn't me.." He said.

"Yeah? Well it sure looked like you!" Scott reasoned with a glare.