15 (Final)

"So you know?" Steve asked Maddie who just arrived at the hospital. Maddie nodded. "How?"

"One of my best friends is an intern in the hospital she's having her check ups and when I saw her went in, I can't help not to worry so I asked." Maddie explained. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, dad. I feel like it wasn't for me to tell."

He hugged and assured her that it's okay and that he understands.Maddie opened her laptop to do some work while Steve was sitting on the couch with his armed crossed, focused on looking after his sleeping wife.

<<Throwback<<

Steve was on his way to his apartment after having a night jog around Brooklyn when he saw a familiar face in one of the Pubs across the Street. She was holding a bottle of vodka, laughing and talking to other friends. He didn't know what it is but it made him nervous, his subconscious mind took her phone out and pressed her caller ID.

She saw the hesitation in her reaction. She rushed outside before answering the call

"Steve? Hey! You called." Of course she'll be surprised. He rarely calls.

"Where are you?"

"Uh... home. Uhhhmm resting."

"Are you sure?"

"Y..yes. Steve what kind of question is that?"

"How's your check up earlier? I should've gone with you."

"Awww how sweet. But I already told you, you don't have to. I don't want to become a hassle."

"I should get going."

"Alright, I love you."

"You should go back in. They are waiting for you."

"What are y....." Steve hang up.

He went straight to his building and slumped himself against his couch. Today was a bit too much for him so he decided to go for a run. But instead of feeling better, he felt worse. When will this ever end? He asked himself.

Here it is, the divorce you've been asking.

...the divorce you've been asking.

Those words kept echoing on his head.

His eye spotted the miniature tandem bike on his console which triggered some of the memories from that night.

"I don't know what I'd do without you"

Ahna sat on his lap and kissed him hungrily. He kissed back. One thing led to another and the next thing they know is they're completely naked and ready to....

"Pippa!"

Steve stopped himself after seeing the tandems in front of him.

"Shhhh. She's not here. She won't know." Ahna told him as she kiss his neck.

"No. Stop this is wrong."

"What the fuck?"

"I'm sorry you should go."