9

Pippa took a good minute before composing herself. "So the day after my birthday, I wasn't feeling well. I did my best though, but my body just crashed. I received a call from Andrew and just when I answered it, I feel like passing out. The next thing I know was I'm in a hospital bed and I woke up to Andrew staring at me as if I did something really bad." She said.

Anna and her met up in a cafe in Brooklyn to catch up because they weren't able to talk alone yesterday.

"So Andrew isn't staying with you?" Anna asked.

"No! I told you he was just helping me the first few weeks I was alone." She clarified.

The waiter arrived carrying their orders.

"Wow! No coffee? Who are you!?" Anna said as the waiter placed the flat white on her side of the table, and a Matcha latte on Pippa's.

Pippa just laughed as Anna continue to give her a suspicious look.

"There's something you're not telling me. Hmmmmm. First, you refused the wine last night which is so not you. You finished the cheese... well you always do anyway but you know what's my point. And now you're avoiding caffeine. Are you......???"

"What?" Pippa anticipating what conclusion Anna came up with.

"P...pregnant!?" Anna said stuttering. Which made Pippa laugh even harder. Anna glared at her.

"You laughing at me makes me feel like what I said is insane. But you're not denying it either. So spill it, am I right?" Anna's tone changed a bit.

Pippa nodded and gave her a soft smile. A smile Anna took as "no, you're not insane because you're right."

Anna almost jumped out of her seat. She got up and gave Pippa a hug. "I am so happy for you. I really do. Who's the father?"

"Wow! For a friend, you ask me the most odd questions. Does it look like I banged anyone out of loneliness?" Pippa asked.

"Well to be honest I though you banged Andrew and you're just not telling me." Anna admitted with a slight laugh.

"Thank you for the trust. It means a lot." Pippa said sarcastically as she took a sip of her Matcha latte. "Ughhh I miss coffee so much."

"Are you going to tell him? I mean I know you know he has to, right?" Anna asked. She knows Pippa is old enough to make her own decisions but she's also aware that she's impulsive sometimes and this is a serious matter that needs to be addressed carefully.

"I don't know how to tell him yet. I'm not even sure if he wants it. Plus we're getting a divorce, this will complicate things." Pippa said.

"I hope you figure it out soon. Things will get better, okay?" Anna assured her.

"Yeah. We're having a baby and we're getting a divorce. Couldn't get any better."
___________________

"Oh hey Pippa, good to see you. I saw Steve come in here last night he said you're with him but I was in a rush so I wasn't able to catch you." Maddie's mom greeted Pippa.

She decided to visit Maddie again since she was asleep last night.

"Good to see you too, Amanda. Yeah I just dropped him on the entrance so he can go in right away while I look for a parking spot. You know he was really worried." Pippa explained.

"Woah! You drove?" Amanda was amazed. Pippa gave her a confused nod as if she did something amazing. "He lets you drive?!"

"Mom, dad always does." Maddie intervened