5

Andrew just arrived at the theater when he heard claps and cheers. Did I forget something? He walked further until he can see everyone around the hallway.

"What's happening?" he asked

"It's Delphi's Guenevere debut!" Britney excitedly said.

His first thought was Where's Pippa? but he figured it's not an appropriate response so he just joined them in celebrating Delphi's debut.

He went to his dressing room and check his phone immediately for a possible text from Pippa, but there was none. He felt a pang in his chest. Is this because of what happened? I need to know if she's okay. He's overthinking the things happening in front of him right now. Knowing they're not in good terms when he left last night isn't helping.

He was about to call her when he heard a knock on his door. It was Delphi asking some questions about the show since they're playing opposite. She was about to leave when he decided to just ask her. "Break a leg, Delphi. How long are Guen again?"

"3 days!.... Wait you don't know?" Delphi asked back and Andrew shook his head. "Ohh that's.... That's weird. Anyway I'll get going now".

That's weird. He knows what Delphi means. Everyone knows how close they are, and him not being the first one to know about it is really unusual, what more him not knowing about it at all.

After the show was over, he decided not to stage door and go to Pippa's place instead. He was at the door, knocking for almost 10 minutes already and there was still no answer. What if she passed out inside? What if..... he has a spare key but he knows its not right to use it when he knows damn well that she doesn't want him to be there in the first place. But this is emergency. He told himself, justifying what he's about to do.

"Pippa!....P!" No answer. The place looks like she cleaned it before leaving. He went to the kitchen only to find a note resting beside a vase.

______________________________
I knew you'd do it.
Don't call me, I'll be needing some time to think.
______________________________

He smiled at the idea that Pippa knew him so well and that she thought of him before leaving, but that also means she really doesn't want to be bothered right now.

P, I'm sorry. I'm so worried about you. Can you at least tell me where you are or if you're okay?
_________

"Okay, I'll let you settle in while I prepare dinner." Sheila said. She unpacked her bag and decided to rest in her bed for a while before coming down.

"So where's Steve?" Sheila asked that caused her to almost drop the platter on the floor. She knows she'd ask eventually but she wasn't ready yet.

"He has work, mom." she answered hoping that would be enough. Thankfully her brother arrived and saved her ass. The rest of the night consist of them talking about their life since his brother rarely comes home too and fortunately, the question about where Steve is wasn't brought on the table again.

This is the first time she went home without Steve and as much as she tries to avoid the thought of him not being there, seeing the other side of the bed empty makes it hard for her. She checked her phone before sleeping and saw Andrew's text but she immediately ignored it.
________________

Pippa went out to the backyard. Seeing the hammock under the tree reminded her of a specific memory during their early years of marriage.