19

In the days that pass, all seems well. Hughie gets a job working for Victoria Neuman. Billy takes care of Ryan, just as he promised Becca he would. MM gets some family time, and Frenchie and Kimiko get some together time. The Boys get an upgrade, a loft in the Flatiron Building as their HQ.

But Rapunzel is still in her Tower.

Petra's smile never falters, even with her mind consumed by thoughts about her dad. She smiles for the public, standing strong, even when she wants to crumble. Vought keeps her busy, as per usual. They keep her separate from The Seven, who are doing reshoots for the Dawn of the Seven.

Petra's arms become her canvas to which she doodles. She rolls up her sleeves and begins to draw with a ballpoint pen as a way to soothe her mind.

The doodles tell a story – a story of longing, of unanswered questions, and the echoes of a father who vanished into the shadows. The ballpoint pen becomes Petra's tool for catharsis, a way to transmute the chaos in her mind into tangible strokes on her skin. As she draws, the scarlet orbs in her eyes seem to mirror the ebb and flow of her emotions, a silent dialogue between the artist and her creation.

She's brought back to reality by Ashely, who's always there to push Petra back into the spotlight. With a huff, Petra hops out of her chair and gets behind the camera, to once more flash her smile and dazzle the public.

After all, the most beautiful supe in the world can't lose any points.

The day comes to an end, and Petra is more than happy to peel off her suit. She steps out onto the rooftop of Vought Tower, pulling out her phone to send a simple text.

[ Bar. ]

Billy's phone buzzes, his eyes reading over the message with a smirk on his lips. The vague text is all he needs to know exactly where to go.

The neon sign flickers, casting an inviting glow that bathes the entrance in hues of red and gold. Billy pushes open the door, stepping into the ambient hum of the bar. The familiar scent of alcohol and the distant murmur of conversations greet him, and he scans the dimly lit room for a familiar face.

And there she is.

Petra sits at the bar, nursing a drink, her eyes lifting to meet Billy's as he approaches. A nod of acknowledgment passes between them, a silent understanding that transcends words. Billy takes the seat beside her, the low hum of the bar providing a comforting backdrop to the impending conversation.

" Rapunzel," He greets with a sardonic smile," What's your poison for tonight?"

" Vodka," Petra utters," Lots and lots of vodka."

Billy gestures to the bartender, signaling for two shots of vodka. As the glasses clink on the counter, Petra raises an eyebrow at him, her scarlet eyes flickering with a mix of curiosity and amusement.

"Shot for a shot?" Billy suggests, a wry grin playing on his lips.

Petra smirks, clinking her glass against his. The sharp burn of the vodka courses through her, a welcome distraction from the weight of her thoughts. The scarlet orbs in her eyes seem to shimmer with the fiery spirit of the drink, and she turns her gaze toward the city skyline visible through the bar's window.

They sit in companionable silence, the sounds of the bar providing a shield against the cacophony of their own thoughts. The dim lighting casts shadows on Petra's face, accentuating the scars and the determination etched in her features. Billy observes her for a moment, recognizing a kindred spirit in the woman beside him.

"So, what's the story behind the doodles?" Billy finally breaks the silence, gesturing towards Petra's arms adorned with the intricate ballpoint pen drawings.