7

As the calendar pages turn, the bond between Petra and Alex deepens. What began as hesitant conversations and guarded interactions has evolved into a friendship that weaves its tendrils through the fabric of their lives.

Petra, always wary of letting others too close, finds in Alex a rare source of comfort. His genuine smile and easygoing nature create a space where she can, for moments at a time, shed the weight of her scripted existence. They share lunches in the Vought Tower cafeteria, the clatter of trays and hum of conversation surrounding them. Petra, eyes softened, begins to unravel the layers of her guarded self. She speaks of the universe she longs to explore, of the stars that beckon beyond the confines of Earth.

Alex, in turn, shares anecdotes of a life unbound by superpowers and public scrutiny. His tales of ordinary struggles and triumphs serve as a bridge, connecting Petra's extraordinary world with the mundanity of the human experience. Yet, despite the growing warmth in their interactions, Petra remains cautious. The scars of trust betrayed run deep, and while Alex is a soothing presence, she hesitates to fully let down her guard.

Months pass, and the specter of Homelander continues to cast a shadow over Petra's life. His subtle manipulations, his veiled threats, serve as a reminder that, in the intricate dance of Vought's power play, she is but a pawn.

Alex notices the subtle shifts in Petra's demeanor when Homelander looms into view. The scarlet eyes, usually expressive and vibrant, dim in his presence. The warmth that colors her interactions with others retreats, replaced by a wary gaze that reflects the reality of her position in the hierarchy of the Seven. One day, as they stand on the rooftop of Vought Tower, the city sprawling beneath them, Petra confides in Alex. Her voice, tinged with frustration and a hint of vulnerability, spills out the frustrations she harbors.

"He's always there, you know?" Petra admits, her eyes scanning the horizon, "Homelander. Like a vulture waiting for a moment of weakness. No matter how high I soar, he's there, ready to remind me of my place."

Alex listens, a sympathetic expression etched on his face. He understands, to a certain extent, the pressures that come with the superpowered stardom. Yet, Petra's predicament, the constant looming presence of Homelander, adds a layer of complexity that goes beyond the ordinary struggles of fame.

 Yet, Petra's predicament, the constant looming presence of Homelander, adds a layer of complexity that goes beyond the ordinary struggles of fame

In the months that follow, as their friendship solidifies, Alex becomes a confidant for Petra. She shares the intricacies of her powers, the weight of expectations, and the delicate dance she must perform to navigate the treacherous waters of Vought's schemes.

Yet, as Petra inches toward trust, there lingers an unspoken truth—that in the world of supes, alliances can be as fickle as the changing winds. Alex, despite his genuine camaraderie, carries the insignia of Vought, an entity with its own agenda.

As they pass the one-year mark of being co-stars, a milestone in their shared journey, Alex and Petra reflect on the evolution of their friendship. The scarlet-eyed supe, once reluctant to peel back the layers of her guarded self, now finds comfort in the authenticity of their connection.