2

The morning light filters through the curtains, casting a soft glow upon Petra's room. But instead of rising to face the demands of another day on set, Petra remains curled up in her bed, lost in a sea of slumber. The weight of her responsibilities, the exhausting facade she must maintain, has taken its toll, and she finds solace in the embrace of sleep.

Unbeknownst to Petra, outside her room, the atmosphere is one of frantic chaos. Ashley, Vought's ever-anxious representative, paces back and forth, her normally pristine appearance disheveled. The absence of Petra on set has sent shockwaves through the production team, and Ashley's panic is palpable.

With every passing minute, Ashley's agitation grows. She knows the implications of Petra's absence—the potential damage to the carefully constructed narrative, the public backlash, and the wrath of Vought. She can't afford to let this situation spiral out of control.

Finally, unable to contain her anxiety any longer, Ashley decides to take matters into her own hands. She marches towards Petra's room, her footsteps echoing with urgency. She reaches the door and bangs on it forcefully, her voice filled with a mixture of concern and desperation.

"Hexa! You have to get up! You can't stay in bed! We have a show to film!"

Inside the room, Petra stirs, her dreams interrupted by the persistent knocking. She groggily sits up, disoriented and unaware of the commotion that has ensued outside. As the reality of the situation dawns on her, she feels a mix of guilt and exhaustion. The weight of the world seems to press down upon her.

Ashley's voice carries through the door, her tone frantic, "We can't afford any disruptions! You need to be on set! The entire production is depending on you!"

Petra's heart sinks as she comprehends the gravity of her absence. She knows the consequences—reprimands, rewrites, potential damage to her public image. But in this moment, the thought of slipping back into the fabricated life becomes unbearable. She craves respite from the relentless expectations, even if just for a moment.

Summoning a newfound determination, Petra rises from the comfort of her bed, her footsteps heavy with weariness. She opens the door to find Ashley, her usually polished demeanor unraveling.

"Ashley, I just... I can't do it today," Petra whispers, her voice filled with a mix of exhaustion and vulnerability, "I need a break, just a day to breathe."

Ashley's eyes widen with disbelief and frustration, "Hexa, honey... let's go."

As Petra reluctantly follows Ashley's lead, they make their way through the sprawling and opulent halls of Vought Tower towards the set. The weight of her responsibilities, the suffocating pressure to uphold the fabricated persona of Hexa, follows her like a looming shadow.

Her mind races with conflicting thoughts. She longs for a life of authenticity, to be free from the clutches of Vought, to embrace her powers without pretense. But the demands of her role as Hexa, the expectations of the public, and the threats of Vought keep her ensnared in this twisted narrative.

They reach the set, a meticulously constructed suburban neighborhood with white picket fences, blooming gardens, and an aura of 1950s nostalgia. It's a façade built upon deception, mirroring Petra's own life. As she steps into this surreal stage, her eyes catch a glimpse of the idyllic housewife character she portrays—a larger-than-life cardboard cutout of "Eleanor Thompson" with a picture-perfect smile plastered on her face.

The set is buzzing with activity as the crew prepares for the day's filming. Petra slips into the costume and makeup, transforming into Hexa, the embodiment of the idealized housewife with her iconic smile.

Amid the hustle and bustle, Petra's smile holds a dark undercurrent. It's not a genuine expression of happiness, but a mask concealing her turmoil. It's a smile that reminds her of the twisted life she leads, one where she is a puppet dancing to Vought's whims.