"You know." I hiss, "Why did you tell everyone about Michael? I thought you didn't believe he was even still here?" I glance at him and notice he's also staring straight ahead at the others.

"I don't."

"Then why did you tell everyone? Were you more embarrassed about me telling the group about us?"

"Us?" His voice cracks under a snarky laugh. I choke back my words but everything was too late. "Why would I care if they all found out about us? It was just kissing isn't that right Char?"

He bent his face forward at me with squinting brows and confused curves in his mouth. I immediately knew he was referencing to Tyson and I kissing a while back. "Please Ashton, I don't want to fight with you too." I sigh even though my feelings were severely hurt.

He doesn't reply. I don't understand why everyone was so against me at this moment. "You should just thank me for saving your ass back there." What?

"Thank you? Ashton because of you Emma is seriously pissed at me more than ever!" I shout and everyone turns to look over their shoulders. I pray they hadn't heard all that I said but at this point it felt like I had nothing left to lose.

I felt my cheeks turn red as I stood there with a gaping mouth. I slowly turned and found Emma's face in the group of strangers. Everyone looked confused with sprayed skin of sweat and ocean air. "Char. . ." Ashton whispered nicely behind me but I didn't back down once he touched my shoulder.

"Don't touch me."

I was on edge at this point. The best thing for me was to just pass everyone in silence. I darted past Emma especially and reached the top of the path with Benson. Once I passed him too the whole line started up again and we were all on our way

[Ashton Irwin]

Charlotte had the same limp in her step. Her stare was long gone and ghostly every time I wanted to look into her dark eyes. I felt terrible all of the sudden for treating her like shit lately but I was just as hurt as she was. I felt ignored, invisible to this island but it was understandable. She was upset that Emma had caught us in the jungle but honestly there wasn't so much wrong with it, we've kissed before. Not allowing her to tell the group was on my behalf. I don't know why but for some reason I wanted everyone to know about us and then I also didn't. They know my story and what happened to my late fiancé, I wouldn't want them to be so shocked that I had moved on even though I hadn't. I really hadn't. . . Charlotte was just a kiss and like she said when she kissed me, a distraction. Well maybe. It's hard being alone on this island and I don't mean to take advantage of her but I believe that I may have. . .

My real focus has been on Charlotte for days now. She does make me feel safer which is crazy to even imagine. However these nightmares that I've been having are very new and lately they are no longer about Alana but about her. . . about Charlotte.

"Alright, we'll take turns in pairs up this hill then there isn't much after that."

I snapped into focus again once Benson's annoying directions boomed in my ear. I had caught up to the front with him and Charlotte but Charlotte never allowed me to explain myself after our little argument.

As I'm about to turn for Charlotte's arm she walks off and take's Benson's push instead. My mouth may have dropped open slightly and yet she still insisted on the old man pushing her legs up the hill. It was childish that she was doing this right in front of my face honestly.

I huffed looking around and seeing the Twin's pair up and Emma and Tyson also. Great, odd man out.

"Ashton!" I flinched at Benson's tone again and shrugged back around, "You're turn, let's go." His hand were out for me but I just brushed past them, swatting his crusty hands aside before taking on the hill myself.