Chapter [38]

[Charlotte Kendall]

Ashton was running after me as I smacked away palm leaves and rounded to the corner where the lagoon rested in the center of the jungle. I huffed once, gazing at the crystal waters before plummeting down the slow to the creak bed. It was peaceful at night with echoing crickets and frogs playing their songs near the waters. I stumbled towards the edge of the lagoon and dipped my hands in, breathing through my mouth. It was dry and tasted salty before I scooped the fresh water up and down my throat.

"Charlotte!"

I sighed, smacking my hand down into the lagoon's puddle. Ashton came whipping around the corner too and skidded down the short slope before crashing down to his knees beside me. I looked up at him like he was out of his mind, "What are you doing?" I asked. I knew he was following me in fact I wanted him to but he was acting as if I was in some kind of danger.

"Me? What are you- I-I mean I was just worried." He stumbled on his words and scratched the back of his head nervously. My heart fluttered at that moment, missing the times I made he anxious.

He brought his eyes up to meet mine and lifted his thumb to wipe the sore skin under my eyes. I hadn't realized that actual tears were falling yet, since I had been crying silently for days now, "Please stop crying. . ." His voice was low and soothing. I missed him, I missed him so much it was becoming an unbearable pain.

"I'm sorry." I whine softly through my tears. Ashton bent down farther and scooped my shaking shoulders up into his thick arms. I was so cold compared to his hot and sensitive skin. My tears turned his skin to goosebumps as they dripped innocently onto him.

"For what?" He whispered into my hair.

I cried out once before responding, "For shutting you out." I missed Ashton the most right now and because of my own selfish grievance wouldn't allow him to comfort me, no matter how much I needed it.

His arms wrapped tighter around my shoulders, squeezing my sides before his hair tickled me behind the ear. I sniffled softly into his dark shirt and gripped my palms into his skin. I wasn't hurting him only because I was far too weak at this point.

"But I'm still here Char. . ." His accent hummed in my ear and suddenly I felt his hand reach up and brush the damp hairs from the side of my face. "I'm still here for you." He lips pressed to my temple just above the scar he once marked me with accidentally.

I couldn't help but gasp at his gesture. I pulled away slowly, taking my time to stare at my close and dark surroundings. There was a tightness in the pit of my stomach, something similar to the nervous butterflies I once had in the caves all those weeks ago. Butterflies that only Ashton has given me before. Ashton gently wiped the leftover hair behind my ear and moved my jaw to point up at his.

I didn't look at his eyes just yet, but at his lips as he whispered, "I will always be here for you." The way his lips curled into the end of his sentence looked so pure and soft.

I pulled my arm back and tapped his lower lip, bringing my thumb down until I tapped his chin. I looked up his face, examining every freckle, every scar and imperfect facial feature before blinking into his dark green eyes. They were finally their natural color, bright and golden around the iris ring with a touch of hazel. His own perfection I am just now meeting, here in the raw. Both hands reach up and swiped across his scruffy cheeks as his eyes flashed a confused and helpless stare. Slowly I pulled his face down to mine and whispered against his soft pink lips, "And I am always here for you." I repeat his words before pulling him further in for the full kiss.

Ashton shut his eyes and turned his face as our lips locked under the sweet encounter. That small pinch in my stomach was finally a fire, burning like fireworks in the night sky. His mouth opened, gently taking in my lower lip between his teeth. I breathed out a luscious sound captivated by his handling of me. His hands wrapped around my cheeks as well and pulled my face forward even farther, kissing me deeply as he went.

My body fell forward into his chest as I kissed back, battling that ache inside my stomach for him to press further into this very kiss. Everything was opening up inside of me and it was all so obvious. . . Ashton was the only person meant to hold me, the only person who could kiss me like this. It was obvious I that I was suddenly all his and only his.

He held my lower back and leaned forward, holding my cheeks and kissing my lips with that burning ache inside of him as well. I kissed until I was out of breath and pulled away. When I looked up at him his face was dipped in crimson and his golden hair was brushed to the side of his face. His was breathing heavily, staring me in the brown eyes and never looking away.

I sat up on my knees in the mud side in front of the lagoon and pulled my legs out in front of me before standing up. The whole time I never looked away from his face and neither did he. My chest was raising frantically over the thoughts I had for us next. I reached down for his hand and Ashton slowly lifted his arm to take it. As he climbed to his feet, suddenly hovering over my face and stepping closer so that his hands were pressed to my cheeks once again.

"What are you thinking?" He whispered before gulping silently. I licked my lips nervously reaching up to hold his hand against my face. My fingers moved over his gently hoping to come off as seductive.

I could no longer fight that fire in my stomach as everything in my legs dropped to a shaking weakness, "I-I think. . ." I couldn't think of what to say but I could show him.

I leaned up on my toes and kissed his lips before pulling his hands away from my hot skin. My body slipped from his hands, pulling my lips down with me. Ashton stood there in front of the lagoon, his eyes shut with his lips puckered with the sense of loneliness. I dropped my hand, dragging his out in front of us before letting it go in mid air. Then gently Ashton peeled his eyes open to me, blinking at the sight of my waiting body in front of him.

I stood there almost bare to the feeling between us before pulling the hem of my shirt up and over my head. My bathing suit top shined underneath along with the thin skin against my bones. I was suddenly self conscious of my dramatic weight loss and second guessing the appearance of it in front of Ashton in such an intimate way.

Ashton's mouth parted as he looked at me, standing there with my top on the dirt floor, "Are you sure?" Isn't that what all the boys ask? I only nod, too afraid I might start crying in front of him again. He mumbled under his breath before pulling his hand up and ushering me back over to him. I stepped forward and grabbed the bottom of his shirt as well, "I'll be careful." He whispered lastly before helping me pull his own shirt over his head completely.

[A/N]

Don't kill me but there's more after this cliffhanger. :DDDDD Finally the Chashton we have all been waiting for!

Chapter Songs:

Kiss Me- Ed Sheeran

Unconditionally- Katy Perry

Secret Love Song Pt. II- Little Mix