Ch. 38: Cindy's 1st Birthday/ Later, Barnaby Breaks Down

Start from the beginning

You're all around her and she looks around and smiles. She giggles and claps her wings. She loves the attention. You smile and you say, "Hey, Barnaby. Looks like Cindy's going to be a party starter like you, someday." He smiles and says, "Oh, she's just so adorable." You say, "She really is. I love her so much." He says, "So do I, honey. So do I." 

Billie stands on a chair and she raises her hands saying, "Everyone! Attention, please?!" Everyone quiets down as if they finally listen to her, since she did gain their respect. She says, "I think it's time to sing happy birthday to Cindy now, right?" They all agree. She gets down and you all face Cindy. She giggles.

You all start singing, ♫"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Cindy. Happy birthday to you."♫ Cindy giggles and claps her wings together. You all cheer for her. Your mom says, "Happy birthday, baby! Oh, grandma can't believe you're already a year old today, honey!" Cindy giggles.

You say, "Blow out your candle, honey.~" She leans in towards her candle and she blows the flame out. Impressively fast for a one-year-old without having someone do it for her. You all clap and you cheer. Elaine says, "Wow. Impressive candle blow for a one-year-old." You say, "It really is." 

Billie had agreed to cut her cake and she says, "Watch out, Cindy." Cindy looks at Billie. Billie has a knife and Cindy covers her eyes with her wings. Some laugh and Barnaby says, "It's alright, little one. Billie won't cut YOU. She's cutting your cake, honey.~" Cindy moves her wings out of her eyes and looks to see Billie cutting her cake.

There's cheering. Billie looks at Cindy and says, "Cindy. I would never EVER in my life harm you. Understand? I'm only cutting your cake. I love you." Cindy smiles and giggles. Billie smiles and reaches her hand to Cindy. Cindy grabs Billie's hand with her left wing and smiles. There's 'awe' sounds. Scrimshaw says, "Awe. The little lass really does look up to ya, Billie Goat." Billie says, "Thanks, Scrimshaw." 

Billie takes the candle out of the cake and little Cindy grabs a slice. It's in her wings. She leans downs and sloppily eats the chocolate and cherry cake. You and Barnaby found out that chocolate and cherry are Cindy's two favorite flavors. 

Her face is messy and you all laugh a bit as you see that she has a mixture of chocolate and the cherry filling on her face. She giggles. A few people get pictures including you, Barnaby, your mom, etc. 

Vicky the bartender from the tavern says, "My god. She is just so cute." Barnaby smiles and says, "Isn't she? Ooh, my little one is growing so fast. One-year-old today." Billie comes to you and shows you the photo she snapped of Cindy with cake on her face. 

You grin and you say, "That's perfect, Billie. Post that. People will love it." Billie says, "You don't have to tell me twice." She turns away and gets on her phone. She peeks back at you and whispers, "Cutie." Yep. She still has a crush on you. Fortunately for her, you didn't hear her. You all continue celebrating Cindy's first birthday party.

*******************************************************************

Later on at night, you're up in your room. Barnaby is sitting on the bed while you're brushing through your hair. He's just sitting there and he sighs. He looks away with a sad expression. You stop and you look over and say, "Baby. Everything okay?" He says, "Yes and... no." 

You put your hairbrush down and you get up. You approach him and you sit next to him. You say, "Hey. Sweetie. What's wrong?" He sighs and he says, "I guess I'm... just regretting everything I ever did to anyone." You say, "Wait. You mean when you... murdered them?" He nods.

You say, "Baby. That's behind you." He says, "That's not the point!" You look at him. He looks at you and says, "Your friend Regina didn't deserve it and neither did that coffee shop owner! I-I let my obsession with you get the worst of me!" You say, "But that perverted rottweiler guy deserved it." He sighs and looks away. You say, "Barnaby." 

He says, "I wouldn't have been that way, had I not been fooled by that awful woman in the past." He looks at you and says, "I loved. I cared. I would do anything for anyone if they were in need. I had a good soul throughout my childhood to adulthood... I still do. I just... went insane after that whole ordeal with James' mother." 

You can see his beak quiver a bit. You say, "Babe? Hey." He looks down and he grits his teeth. He sniffles and you gasp. He says, "Why did I have to end up that way?!" You see tears forming in his eyes. He looks at you with tears running down his face. You sigh and you say, "Oh, sweetie. Come here." 

He moves in and you hold him close. He wraps his wings around you and he sobs. You say, "Shh shh. Your wifey is here, baby. My sweet, handsome man.~" He says, "I-I love you, honey. I love you and Cindy so much." You kiss him on the top of the head and you say, "Let it out, baby. I'm right here." You comfort him the rest of the time.