Daylight

My eyes slowly open as I take in the morning light. It's the day of Susan's wedding, and I can't help but feel the excitement bubbling inside of me. I jump out of bed, eager to start the day. I glances at the clock and realize I only have a few hours to get ready. I quickly make my way to the bathroom to begin my preparations.

I take a long shower, letting the warm water wash over me. I carefully shaves my legs and underarms, wanting every inch of my body to be perfect for the wedding. I pull the dress I bought out of the rack and the heals out of the box. I take extra care with my hair, curling it just right and pinning it up in an elegant updo.

I step out of my room, all dolled up for the wedding, only to find Sebastian standing in front of the mirror, struggling to put on his tie. I can't help but chuckle as I watch him fumble with the knot. "Need some help?", I ask, still giggling. Sebastian looks up at me, relieved to see someone who knows what they're doing. "Please", He says, holding out the tie. I step forward, deftly looping the fabric around his neck and quickly tying a perfect knot. "There you go", I say with a smile. "All ready for the big day." Sebastian grins back at me, grateful for my help. "Thanks, sis", He says. I shrug modestly. "What are sisters for?", I say with a wink.

We gracefully descend the stairs, excitement bubbling within us as we enter the warm and inviting kitchen. Our parents, already present, turn their heads and their eyes widen in awe at the sight of their children. Dressed impeccably for Susan's wedding, our appearance leaves our parents speechless. The radiant smiles on our faces only enhance our beauty, as we radiate confidence and happiness. My elegant gown perfectly complements the sparkle in my eyes, while Sebastian's tailored suit accentuates his strong and handsome features. Our parents can't help but marvel at how quickly we have grown up.

As we gather in the kitchen, the air is filled with a mixture of anticipation and joy. Susan, our mom's dear friend, is about to embark on a new chapter in her life, and we are thrilled to be a part of this special day. The atmosphere is electric, with conversations buzzing and laughter filling the room. Our parents take a moment to express their admiration for Sebastian and I, impeccable sense of style. Their heartfelt compliments serve as a reminder of the strong bond shared between us, a bond that goes beyond appearances and encompasses love, support, and mutual respect.

"Mom, I just have to say, you look absolutely stunning in that outfit for Susan's wedding!", I say. The dress mom is wearing is a soft, flowing blush pink with delicate lace detailing along the bodice. It hugs her curves in all the right places and accentuates her natural elegance. The skirt cascades down to moms ankles, creating a graceful silhouette as she move. The matching jacket she has chosen adds a touch of sophistication, with its tailored fit and intricate embroidery that mirrors the lace on the dress. Her hair is swept up in a loose, romantic updo, adorned with a few delicate flowers that perfectly complements the overall look. "You truly look like a vision of sweetness and grace, Mom. Susan is going to be so thrilled to have you by her side on her special day!", I smile.

"Thank you honey, you are too kind", Mom blushes.

Dad is wearing a sleek black tuxedo that fits him like a glove. The crisp white shirt underneath adds a touch of elegance, and the black bowtie perfectly complements the ensemble. To complete the look, he's sporting shiny black leather shoes that give off a polished vibe.

"The Ivey's are looking sharp", Dad says, and we all chuckle.

Mom locks the house door, and we all get into the car. Driving through the winding roads, the scenery outside the window beautiful and green. The sun was shining, and the birds were singing, making the day feel extra special. As we got closer to the gardens, we could see people beginning to arrive for the ceremony. The cars were parked in neat rows, and people were walking up the path towards the ceremony area. My dad drove carefully, not wanting to arrive too early or too late. We pulled into a parking spot, and everyone got out of the car, looking around in awe.