Enchanted

It's a lovely Sunday morning as my eyes begin to open from my sleep. The suns ray's hit my mirror reflecting on my wall where my bed is against.

I sit up straight on my bed, stretching my sleep muscles awake. I get up from my bed and open the curtains further. The sun shone directly on my face and I squint my eyes from the brightness.

I walk towards the bathroom. I turn on the faucet and splash my face with cold water.

I walk downstairs into the kitchen where my mother is preparing breakfast for everyone.

"Good morning, honey", My mother greets me.

"Morning mom", I say.

The table is decked with pancakes, ice-cream and waffles being served. The rest of my family enters the kitchen one by one and we start eating our breakfast.

"Sebastian, when you're done with your breakfast please go change", My father says.

Sebastian and his friends have soccer practice every Sunday. I used to go with him to watch them play when I was younger. I haven't gone in a long time because of school. I used to play in the park nearby while they were playing.

"Nora do you want to come with?", Sebastian asks.

"I haven't watched you guys play in so long".

"Come on, you used to watch us play all the time. Armas and Xavier will be there. It will be like old times", He insists.

"I have not been on the field in three years", I say.

"I think you should go with your brother, Nora. It will be fun", Mother chims in.

I don't object any further. I finish my breakfast and get ready for the game. I decide on wearing my denim shorts with my white tank-crop top. We are usually on the field for more than an hour so I should pack something for me to do incase I get bored.

I swing my bag over my shoulder and walk downstairs. Sebastian and our father is busy packing all of his gear into the car. I get into the car and they do too. We drive off towards the soccer field.

We make it to the field and I have never seen it this packed before. There is barely any place for us to park.

I get out of the car and so does Sebastian and my dad. We walk onto the field and I look for a spot to sit with shade. I find a spot under a tree not too far from where we parked. Sebastian walks towards his teammates and they all greet each other.

I lay a blanket on the grass before I sit down. I place my bag with all my things inside next to me.

"Nora, I haven't seen you on the field in so long", Coach Dave approaches me.

"Coach Dave, it's nice to be back", I get up from the ground.

"It's nice too see an old supporter on the field", He chuckles.

"It's always a pleasure to be here, Coach", I say before Coach walks back to the team.

I sit back on the ground and wait for the game to begin. I remember when I was younger how fun it used to be coming here every Sunday. I remember how I used to play with the other kids watching the game as well. I haven't been here in so long it feels nostalgic.

The game is about to begin and the boys take their positions onto the field. The referee blows the whistle and the game begins.

Players run across the field, left to right, chasing after a rubber sphere. The coaches from each team scream and instruct their teams from the sidelines.

I lay on my stomach continuing to read Pride and Prejudice. The suns rays is above me. When I was younger I never really paid much attention to the boys playing, I would just come in support of them.