•24 | When Hearts Break.

Author's POV :

"Kunal, listen carefully. Your mother has fixed your marriage with her friend's daughter. We're flying to Kolkata tomorrow. I've never met the girl, and I don't know much about her family. Your mother is excited, but I wanted to give you a heads-up," his father explained, the tension evident in his voice.

Kunal's eyes widened in disbelief, his heart pounding in his chest. The news hit him like a sudden storm, tearing apart the serenity of the moment he had just shared with Aishwarya.

He stammered, "Wait, what? Marriage? Girl? Tomorrow ?"

His father continued, "Yes, it's all happening quite quickly. Your mother believes it's a great match, and the families have known each other for years. I cannot do anything now beta! You know your mom. She's Adamant this time."

As Kunal struggled to process the information, Aishwarya, her eyes reflecting a mix of shock and hurt, began to withdraw from the intimacy they had shared just moments ago.

Kunal, noticing her unease, whispered into the phone, "Dad, I need to call you back. Something unexpected has come up."

His father, sensing the urgency, agreed, "Alright, take your time, but we need to discuss this soon. It's a big decision, and your mother is eager to finalize everything."

As the call ended, Kunal turned to Aishwarya, who had already distanced herself from the bed. The weight of the revelation hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow over the room.

"I... I didn't know," Kunal started, his voice filled with confusion.

Aishwarya, her eyes glistening with unshed tears, interrupted, "You don't need to say anything, Kunal. I understand. It's your life, and decisions like these involve families."

He reached out to her, "Aishwarya, please, let me explain."

But she pulled away, a mixture of pain and resignation in her eyes, "There's nothing to explain, Kunal. I get it. Your family comes first. I should go."

Before Kunal could respond, she left the room in a hurry, leaving him alone with the weight of the unexpected news. He sank onto the bed, running a hand through his disheveled hair, trying to comprehend the whirlwind that had just swept through his life.

As he replayed the conversation in his mind, a sinking realization settled in. His future, seemingly boundless and filled with the promise of shared adventures with Aishwarya, now faced an unforeseen crossroad.

The room, once filled with the warmth of their connection, now felt cold and empty. Kunal, torn between familial expectations and the budding love he had discovered, sat in solitude, grappling with

The following morning hung in the air with an unsettling tension as Kunal and Aishwarya set out on their journey to Kolkata. The five-hour drive, once a backdrop for shared laughter and connection, now draped the car in an awkward silence. Kunal, feeling the weight of the unspoken rift, attempted to initiate conversation.

"Aishwarya , we can't let this linger. We need to talk about what happened," he ventured, glancing at her.

Aishwarya's response was a simple, "It's fine, Kunal. Let's not make this more than it is. It's not like we had something intense."

Her words landed in the car like a heavy rock, and Kunal felt the weight of her composure. She seemed determined to create a distance, to sever the emotional ties that had once bound them.

Kunal, aware of her strength, tried to pierce through the silence. "Aishwarya , please, let's not pretend. There's something here, something we can't just brush aside."