» 23

Venus was beyond nervous about her meeting with the Chancellor

Venus was beyond nervous about her meeting with the Chancellor. She hadn't even prepared herself. This was her fault after all— she'd rushed this meeting so she could only blame herself.

She remained silent on the ride over to Chancellor Palpatine's office. The conversation between General Skywalker and Athena was like background noise to her ears. Even if Venus wanted to focus or join in on their conversation, she couldn't bring herself to give a shit about what they were discussing.

How could they have such a casual conversation in a moment like this? Lives were on the line and they were just talking? Venus couldn't concentrate on her own thoughts. Her hands curled into fists, eyes squeezing shut. She needed peace and quiet, that's all she needed. She didn't want to explode on the General again and she definitely didn't want to snap at Athena— but she was like a bomb, a few seconds away from exploding and—

They came to a halt, almost instantly relieving Venus of any built up anger. She stood up as if everything were completely fine and followed the others to the exit.

Anakin stepped out from the vehicle first, then turning to offer a hand to the next person out.

Athena kindly accepted the gesture, bowing her head in appreciation just before she looked around the room in awe.

They had pulled up to a beautiful and likely expensive balcony. The floors and walls were white, built from what looked to be marble and in the center of the room, was a seating area. By the looks of it, this place belonged to a politician.

Venus didn't bother taking the Jedi's hand when she stepped out. Instead, she crossed her arms and looked around too. "This is the senate building?" She asked.

Anakin's hand dropped to his side, hot air blowing from his nostrils. 'No, this is my soon to be ex wife's penthouse.' He wanted to blurt out— but he refrained. "Before I take you to the Chancellor, I want to introduce you to one of the Senators who will be sitting in on the meeting. She should be out in a few—"

As if on que, a woman emerged from the hallway, dressed in the finest of silks— a long and flowy navy blue dress with cuffed sleeves and gold accents— and a half up half down hairstyle. To say she was beautiful, was an understatement. She definitely caught the eyes of her visitors and her husband. "Princess Venus Aurum." She smiled at the foreigner. "I wish we could have met under better circumstances but in a time of war—"

"I know you mean well," Venus interrupted. "But time is of the essence. I don't have time for introductions, I need to speak to the Chancellor as soon as possible."

Anakin cleared his throat, shifting his line of sight from the woman to the princess. "Princess Venus, this is Senator Padmé Amidala, senator of Naboo. Senator Amidala, Princess Venus Aurum." He introduced them to one another. "We can continue this conversation on the way to the Senate building."

"Of course." The senator flashed an apologetic smile. "After you, princess."

The ride to the Senate building was so probably more than Venus could handle. From the moment she stepped back on the transport, her ears were nearly talked off— bombarded with questions and suggestion and everything politics— Venus quickly grew overwhelmed. After all, she was never meant to be senator let alone in any position above the role of Queen, yet here she was, about to attempt advocating on behalf of Chrysós.

"What proof could you offer to the Chancellor that this was all a set up? Is there proof that your brother was behind the assassination of your father? What else—"

"Senator," Anakin piped in. "Give her a second. She's overwhelmed."

Padmé's words came to a halt as she noticed the fright that had washed over Venus's face. "My apologies, princess." She gently put a hand on her shoulder and guided her to sit down. After taking a seat besides her, only then did the Senator try a different approach. "I know that this is a lot to take in and worry about. I've gone through something similar to you and your home. It was actually Master Kenobi and his Master who came to my rescue and of course, General Skywalker helped too. You are in good hands, Princess Venus. We are going to get Chrysós back and those who played a part in this will face the consequences."

Venus looked to Athena, a frown on her face. "We are the only proof of what has happened. Our word won't be enough to get The Republic involved. Not to mention, I'm nearly at the bottom when it comes to politics on Chrysós." She looked back to Padmé, her head gently shaking. "I don't think that I even have a say in making a request like this."

"Then appeal to the Chancellor in whatever way you can." Anakin suggested. "Both you and Athena. Obi-Wan and I will tell the Chancellor whatever we can to help you— we're witnesses too."

Venus finally looked up at him, the distraught look on her face, softening. Perhaps she didn't dislike the General as much as she thought she did, perhaps she did misjudge him.

She took a deep breath and stood back up, a wave of confidence coming over her. "Okay... I may be just a Princess but with our words together, Chrysós stands a chance. Aerol and Sterling may have won that battle, but we are going to win this war one way or another... I have to. It's the only way to get Zae and my home back."

"That's the spirit, Princess." Padmé smiled. "You don't know them yet, but you already have friends in the Senate. We are going to right this wrong."

She had people on her side already? People whom she hadn't even met? It was quite the surprise, hearing that information. "Okay, give me some pointers, Senator."

"