Prologue

Ara was not a normal citizen of South Korea.

It sounds weird, right? Well, let's have an explain. She's a mafia princess. Her father is the 'Capo di capi Mujabihan' Kim Taehyung and mother is the 'Queen Mujabihan' Kim Sooyoung aka Joy. There's nothing nothing normal about her life, her parents or herself. Plus, she has an overbearing older brother who thinks its his right to poke his nose where it doesn't belong.

"I swear to God, I'll kill you someday. No offence." Ara glared at Heeseung. He smiled, showing his white teeth and darkness lingering under his bright eyes. "I'm serious. I came to Chicago to breathe without this mafia thing breathing down my neck."

"Ara." His smile dropped and she looked away, not wanting to cower under his gaze. "If you ever so tried to mingle with the wrong crowd or tried anything funny, I'm going to personally parcel you back to Busan."

"For God's sake, it was only a small dinner with my classmates," She snapped. Two guys and three girls. They were nice people who actually tried to be friends with her. But, of course, Heeseung had to come and drag Ara out of the restaurant, creating a dramatic scene. Saying that it was not okay to talk with people unless he did a background check on them.

"Hey hey. That's enough." Taehyung, who was on a video call with them, interfered. "Heeseung, easy there. Don't go all bossy. That's your sister. Tone it down."

"But, Heeseung is right too." Joy, their mother, frowned. "Ara, you are in a university where people are from different backgrounds. Mostly criminals."

Yeah. So the thing is the mafia siblings can't attend any normal university because of safety reasons. Chicago university has a lot of future criminals aka mafia people studying here, which makes it the safest place to stay without getting caught in the crowd. Of course, normal citizens study here too, unaware of their existence which brings them to their next issue.

"Mom, nobody knows her here. Not her face. Not of her existence." Heeseung took the tablet in his hands, and Ara knew she was going to lose the war. "I already have enemies here. Those Sal-inja fuckers also study here. You know that, right? I just don't want her to get involved in the fight. She doesn't understand this!"

"Well maybe then I should have stayed in Busan. Because I don't see any difference between the two cages." She snatched the tablet from his hands and stared at the screen. Even her father was agreeing with Heeseung. She could see it the way he was shaking his head. "Dad, take me home. I don't want to stay here."

"Fucking hell, you've been here only for a week." Heeseung grumbled. "I can't deal with her dramatic ass."

"Heeseung." Taehyung's chilling voice made both of them straighten up. Long gone the sibling rivalry. "You respect my princess. Got it? If she wants to go anywhere, let her be. I'm dispatching a bodyguard for her today effectively. And, you Ara, you're going to be civil with my man. Case is closed. I don't want to hear about it. Understood."

Joy was standing behind him. Ara could tell from her pleading face that she wanted to be done with this conversation. Ara knew it was for her safety, so she nodded. Anything better than Heeseung being her shadow 24×7. She would rather like a new bodyguard. The call was hung up. She turned to her brother as he walked towards the door.

"Hee-"

"I'm going to fucking haunt everyone who approach my sister. Literally. So you better choose your company properly. I'm not joking, I'll murder for you, Ara."

Her throat wobbled. "It won't happen. I know my limits."

He shook his head. "That's the thing. You don't." And then he left the room. She stomped her foot, and fell on the bed, face front. God really hated her. She really thought she could have a little normalcy here in Chicago. Yeah. Far stretched dream.