Chapter 17 (Part 1/2)

Start from the beginning

"Shut up!"

Way, who was about to start a commotion, closed his mouth when he met his father's sharp gaze. Because he was impatient and didn't want to obey orders, he accidentally said something he shouldn't have said, and that made his father even more annoyed.

"Don't forget that you have no right to negotiate," said the father in a low voice as he leaned back in the expensive chair in a commanding manner. "I've given you many chances. But you disappoint me. So now I won't give you another chance to choose."

"..."

"Starting today, you have to go home."

This was the one thing Way didn't want to hear, but it wasn't an unexpected order. Honestly, because he knew he would never succeed with Babe, he had already prepared himself that he would definitely be called home.

"Leave that racing team. You have no reason to stay there anymore."

"Can't I leave after the season is over?"

"Are you sure you want to go back and see that bastard?"

The tall man was shocked by the question. He knew it wasn't a question. He just wanted to mock him. Initially the other party thought that if Way really fell in love with Babe, it would make things easier, but it turned out that Babe didn't feel the same way about him. Now his feelings were completely worthless to that heartless person.

"No, really, I wanted to ask, does Babe still want to see you?" His adoptive father smiled as if Way's feelings were a joke because he had always chased power and money all his life without ever feeling true love. "Go back to a place where you can be useful. Why are you still following his ass?"

"..."

"If you really want Babe, you need to be patient first."

Way frowned slightly, not understanding what he was talking about. His father's expression looked quite satisfied with his own idea. As the keeper of this man's shoes, he had been here for many years. Way believed it definitely wasn't something an ordinary person would think of.

"When I can take care of Charlie, Babe's problems won't be as difficult."

..

..

..

After an uncertain amount of hours of sleep, Charlie finally opened his eyes and woke up. The tall young man slowly opened his eyes sleepily. His vision was still blurry because his eyelids were closed, only showing darkness for several hours straight. His body slowly woke up from its paralyzed state, part by part, except for his right arm which was now so numb that he couldn't feel anything.

Charlie smiled slightly as he turned around to see what was causing his entire arm to become immobile.

Babe. He was lying there with his mouth wide open.

Very cute.

The tall figure gently placed a kiss on the round forehead of the man lying in his arms with great affection. They played too much last night. By the time they actually went to sleep, it was already light out.

In fact, it wasn't true to say that it was just because they had sex together. He thought, it might be because of the accumulated fatigue they both experienced. During the time they were apart, he'd never slept soundly and he was sure Babe wasn't any different. So, it wasn't strange that on the first night they slept together, they would sleep like this.

After starting to wake up almost completely, Charlie turned his body gently to relieve the tiredness in his body, but he couldn't turn it around as fast as he could. He was a little surprised when he felt a strange sensation under the blanket.