Chapter 17 (Part 1/2)

Start from the beginning

But the praise had never hurt like this before. It wasn't too painful at all until, in the end, it wasn't him who was chosen by the person he loved with all his heart. Babe had chosen that child over him.

Very lucky that person was born special.

"I'll try to find a way—"

"How?" The big man interrupted him with a disdainful look. "There's no way. It's too late now. Even if Babe falls in love with you now, it's useless."

"..."

"The only thing you can do now is change your goals."

"What?" Way, who had been standing with his head bowed, had to look up and look at his father, confused by what the other people were talking about. "How do I change it?"

"We have to get useful people. So...you can change your target, right?"

"What do you mean..."

"Charlie!" The older man said quietly, as if that was already a definite answer, but that answer made Way's eyes widen as if he had been tricked by the devil. "If we can't get Babe, then you have to get Charlie."

"Crazy, I won't do it, Dad!" This time, the person who had been silent had to protest in a solemn manner. "You're telling me to ensnare and have children with Charlie? I'd rather die."

"Here, I'm trying to help you!"

"I know, but I really can't do that," Way pleaded weakly, secretly glancing at Kenta who was standing next to his father's desk for help. He just answered with a gentle shake of the head, "I'll try to find someone else."

"WHO?"

"People with special abilities. I'll try to find him, I promise."

"Do you really think you can negotiate with me like this?"

"Pa, even with Babe, I can't do it. What do you think I can do to Charlie?" Way tried to persuade him as hard as he could, because he would never have sex with that guy. Just the thought of having to take off his clothes in front of each other made him feel so sick he almost threw up. "You know what his abilities are, and now he knows everything about me. There's no way he's going to let me get close to him."

"What if I bring it to you?"

"Pa," Way frowned at his father's refusal to give up. "Even if you send someone to catch him, you can't do it. Otherwise, how could he stay there and deprive Babe of all his senses like this?"

"And who did it wrong?"

"Okay, I made a mistake. I'm sorry."

"I don't want an apology. I want you to have a child with him!"

"But now everything you want is inside Charlie. Why don't you do it yourself?"

Way's thoughts made his father speechless. Of course it wasn't a deep thought, because he was already thinking that one day he would have to make Charlie have children. There was no way he would put that much power in the hands of a kid like Charlie who didn't plan on using it at all. Only, he forgot to consider one simple thing: the fact that he might have other alternatives. This meant that the chances of success also increased.

"That's for sure." said the general in a low voice. Everyone else seemed calmer than before, maybe because he started to see more ways to solve this problem. However, that didn't mean he could escape that easily. "But that doesn't mean you don't have to do anything."

"Dad..."

"If I'm really in trouble, I'll have to take advantage of you."

"Why do you have to use me again? I already gave—"