Chapter 16 (Part 1/2)

Start from the beginning

Way now wanted to laugh and wanted to slap the face of the child whose mouth still smelled of milk to relieve his irritation. Such an arrogant attitude is no different from a stupid child who interferes in adults' affairs even though he himself cannot stand firm. He really hated this kind of attitude.

"Don't act like a big shot!" Way gritted his teeth impatiently.

"Do you want to try it?"

"Stop—both of you."

In the end, it was Babe who stopped the two dogs from biting each other. And of course Babe's words calmed the two tall figures who were arguing with each other, like pressing a button. Babe took a deep breath before standing up and walking towards Way with a calm expression that if you didn't know what happened before, you wouldn't be able to guess what Babe was feeling.

"Babe, please listen to me—"

Bugh!

A heavy punch was thrown and it hit Way's cheekbone so hard that the tall figure turned around before he could even finish his sentence. Charlie, who saw that, couldn't help but be a little surprised, because he didn't think Babe would dare to punch Way in the face. If it was him, he wouldn't be too surprised because he was often hit by Babe. But not Way. If Babe does it, then it is something very serious because Way is someone Babe trusts and has been present in Babe's life longer before him.

"What would you say?" Babe raised his eyebrows and asked in a low voice.

"I-"

Bugh!

The second punch flew back without hesitation. Way had no intention of replying. Meanwhile, Babe seems to have thought about what other people should accept for such a lowly act as he did. But behind that stubborn determination, Charlie, who was standing behind him, saw the pieces of Babe's confidence shatter and fall every time he threw a punch at Way. He felt that the person who was injured right now was not the person who was hit. Instead, it was someone standing there with his fists clenched. It was Babe.

"Are you going to make an excuse?" Babe said quietly, looking at Way with a harsh expression. "Did you know that the more excuses you make, the more jerky you'll look?"

"Babe-"

Bugh!!

It's hard to believe that Way took more hits than Charlie. Of course, his actions deserved more punishment than just a punch in the face like this. But more blows mean more than just a penalty to be paid by guilty people like Way. In fact, it was the burden of disappointment and regret that weighed heavily on Babe's heart, and was his harshest punishment.

"Don't make me feel more disgusted with you," Babe gritted his teeth angrily. His slender hands were cracked until they were covered in blood and he clenched them so tightly that his whole body trembled. "Do you think there will be a reasonable excuse for the dirty things you do?"

"I apologize..."

"Sorry about what?"

"...I did that to you," Way said with deep guilt. The big hand tried to grab Babe's hand, but Babe pulled it carelessly. "I know that what I did was unforgivable. I—"

"Did you just realize that? Are you like this because I realized just in time?" Babe's voice sounded as anger flared in his heart that no matter how hard he tried to suppress it, he couldn't suppress it. "If I wasn't conscious, you assumed it was okay to do it, right?"

"I didn't want to do this at all..."

"I don't care if you wanted to or not!" Babe shouted loudly. "The point is, I didn't want it! And you had no right to do this to me!"