Let's Pick Out Some Trees!

Ah, it is that time of year again. Where it's time to pick out trees from the bunker.

     "Stop messing with your hat, Jack," Castiel said, fixing the five year old's hat for the seventh time. "But I don't like it!" Jack cried, stomping his foot. "I don't like it, Papa!" The angel sighed. "I know, but it will keep you warm." Dean walked over and picked Jack up, kissing him on his cheek. "Papa's right, kiddo. If you want to go pick out a tree, you gotta cover that head of yours." The toddler giggled as Dean tickled his chin. "And you gotta keep your hat on in order to get hot chocolate too."

Sam and Eileen walked into the room. "Are you guys ready to go?" Jack squealed, gesturing to Dean to put him down. "Yeah!" Dean smiled and set the little boy down. "Do you want me to hold your hand going up the stairs?" Cas said. "No," Jack replied, shaking his head. "I want to try to do it by myself." Dean and Cas exchanged looks. "Uh," Dean said, hesitantly. "Sure, buddy. Go ahead. I'll be right behind you." Jack excitedly ran to the steps. He stepped on each step with caution. Dean stepped up after Jack, taking the step that the boy was took. Jack had a lot of slip ups, but thankful for Dean being right behind him to catch him. At the top of the stairs waited Cas, Sam, and Eileen. 

Once at the top, Jack jumped up and down. "Yay! Papa, did you see? Did you see me?" Cas laughed and nodded. "Yes, Jack. You did so well." Jack reached up for both his fathers' hands. Dean took one of them, and Cas took the other. They walked out of the bunker and into the snow. Jack closed his eyes as the snow blew past his face. He went to let go, but remembered that him and his dads had practiced safety when leaving the house. He has to hold their hands. 

The toddler tried to blink the snow out of his eyes. When they reached the car, Dean opened the side door. Castiel picked him up and sat him in his car seat. Jack had finally opened his eyes. He rubbed the snow out of his eyes, causing Cas to chuckle. "Looks like the snow stuck to you," the angel said, buckling Jack in. "Yeah," he said. "But I think I got it all out." Dean was busy getting something out of the trunk. Dean walked back around to the side where his husband was. "Want a snack, kiddo?" Jack squealed. "Yes please, Daddy!" Dean chuckled and opened the snack sized bag of goldfish. Cas handed him the sippy cup, which Dean placed into the cup holder. "Thank you!" 

~~~~

    As they drove, Cas constantly looked back to make sure Jack didn't mess with his hat. He noticed the dried cheese stuck to his fingers. "Do you need a wet wipe, Jack?" The little boy was too busy shoving his fingers in his mouth to lick off the cheese. He looked up. "Uh, I don't know yet." Dean looked in the mirror and smiled. "I think he needs a wipe." Cas sighed. "Yes, I thinks o too."

When they arrived at the tree sale, Cas got in the back seat and Dean grabbed a wet wipe out of the trunk. If the two of them figured out anything while raising Jack, it was that kids are always hungry, thirsty, and sticky. So, they carry all of those things on them no matter where they go. Cas gently wiped Jack's hands and fingers. He then unbuckled the car seat and helped him out of the car. "Did you grab his mittens?" Dean nodded, pulling them out of his pocket. "Jack," Dean said. "We need you to wear these. Do you remember how to put them on?" Jack pondered for a second, then nodded. "I think so." One finger at a time, Jack slid the mittens on. "Good job!" Dean cheered. 

Jack loved it when his dads would cheer for him. It would make him feel so happy. "Ready to get a tree, buddy?" Dean asked. Jack nodded and grabbed his fathers' hands. 

"I'm glad you guys got here safely," Sam said. "Yeah," Dean agreed. "Us too. It's always scary driving anywhere, especially when you've got one of these guys in the back seat." He ruffled Jack's hair, causing the toddler to giggle. "Well, let's get a tree." 

Since they were looking at trees and there weren't any roads, Jack could have one open hand. And man, did he use it. Every tree they walked past, his hands were touching them. Every now and then, he would pull his hand away from the cold snow. "What tree are you guys looking at?" Sam asked Cas, who was fixing Jack's hat yet again. "None yet," Cas sighed. "Dean went somewhere and I have no clue where to find him." Just as Cas said that, Dean came back, almost exploding with excitement. "I found the perfect tree! Come look." Dean scooped Jack into his arms, causing Jack to giggle. 

Jack's jaw dropped as he saw the biggest tree he's ever seen. "I love it!" Dean hugged the boy tightly. "I knew you would. How do you feel about it, Sunshine?" Cas smiled. "I Jack loves it, then so do I." 

Sam and Eileen had picked a tree for her grandparents house, and strapped the tree to their car. Dean and Cas strapped the tree for the bunker to the top of the Impala as Jack watched from the inside. He giggled as Dean struggled to tie the knot on the rope, practically begging Cas to tie it for him. When Cas rolled his eyes and finally gave it, Dean threw his hands in the air and place a kiss on the angel's cheek.

~~~~

When they got home, Sam and Dean brought the tree inside as Cas made Jack some lunch and put him down for a nap. Castiel walked into the TV room. He sighed. "Dean," he said, handing him the broom. "I just swept this morning. And now you've gotten pines everywhere. I'm not cleaning this." Dean pouted. "Well, I don't wanna do it!" Cas shrugged. "If you don't do it, I'm gonna get Jack that cat he saw at the pet store yesterday for Christmas. You know, the one we saw when we were getting stuff for Miracle? The one you said you thought was ugly because it bit you?" Dean sighed and looked at his feet. "Okay, I'll do it." Cas smiled and kissed Dean's lips. "Oh, good. That's what I thought you said."

______

sorry for such a late release

i'm trying my best

there will be stories every day or at least there will be a part for every day until christmas, whether that means i release them after christmas

Bug <3