Trying

basically this is their first day trying out the relationship thing hiiiiiiiii

(When they got home)

JAKE POV:

"Alright Johnnie so this is weird as shit but should we just like set some ground rules and boundaries and stuff cus i really dont wanna fuck this up" I didnt care if the idea was sort of cringe, i refused to let Johnnie be uncomfortable with something i did.

"No yeah that makes sense lets do it"

We sat on the couch together, forming a comfortable atmosphere to be able to talk our feelings.

" So um, is there anything that you really dont want me to do, because i just want to make sur-"

"Jake, i know, calm down."

JOHNNIE POV:

already off to a million green flags. Unlike many people in my past, immediately hes making sure everything is okay with me. Honestly, there isnt much Jake could do that could make me uncomfortable.

"Um nothing really though, I feel like we've already gone um- pretty far so.." That night. immediately Jakes face turned a deep pink, clearly thinking back to the moment as well.

"Are you sure? I really want to make sure im not being too much?" Hes not going to drop it until i give him an answer will he.

"Maybe we could just start with like.. just asking before doing anything like couple-y? i dont know just because this is so sudden?"

"Yeah of course, definitely."

"Anything you're not okay with?" i had to ask him the same question or course.

"Uhh ... not really, i guess we could just start with the asking thing yeah." Jake nodded his head as he spoke.

"Alright, remember if anything comes up that we dont like just say so, yes?"

"yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~(The next morning)~~~~~~~~~~~

JAKE POV:

I woke up at 8 like usual, instantly thankful my schedule is back on track (autistic mf 🙏)

My second thought was of course, Johnnie. I knew he wouldn't be awake yet, but its our first day as 'more than friends'.

Instead of bothering him right away, i instead took a shower, changed, and went to 7/11 for a monster and nachos like always. By the time i got home, it was around 10.

I walked in to see Johnnie sitting on the couch, looking the same sort of disheveled-cute he always does it the mornings.

"Morning Johnnie!" I smile

"Hey Jake" He gets off the couch to greet me, still holding his glass of water.

"Are you feeling okay today?" I always checked to make sure he wasnt feeling depressed or anxious in the mornings.

"so much more than okay" he wrapped his arms around me. Usually Johnnie wasnt touchy, but i guess he was different when it was someone he likes. God i still cant get over that fact.

"good, thats good" I just take in his embrace, hopefully this is something he would do alot more from now on.

JOHNNIE POV: (tw medication)

Jake has always worried about me. About my health, my wellbeing, and of course that didnt change today. But his simple sentence felt special today somehow.

"Did you take your meds?" Another question he always asks.

"I will right now, ive been distracted" I walk over to the kitchen where my pill organizer is. He watches to make sure i swallow both pills, and smiles when i do. I used to have trouble taking my meds everyday, but ive been getting alot better

"Thank you" Jake smiled lovingly while he walked over to stand behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"This okay?" he asks.

"Of course" I look back at him, his chest pressed against my back and his head resting near mine.

"Can i kiss you?" the moment just felt right

"Of course" he repeats, leaning in for a quick kiss on the lips.

After a year of being friends, and months of being just friends who live together, finally being like this was like a breath of fresh air. This was right, this is how it should be. After about 3 seconds, our kiss ends and we slowly part.

"Have you eaten yet love?"

"Yeah, and love?" I ask, not that i mind the name at all, just want to fuck with him.

Jakes face goes red again, scrambling to find the right words. "Sorry is that weird? my bad" he removes his hands from my waist

"No no i like it! Its cute" i laugh softly as he blushes even more.

"Fuck you" Jake jokingly rolls his eyes at me, re wrapping me in his arms.

JAKE POV:

Throughout the day more small things happened like that. It wasnt anywhere nearly as awkward as i feared it would be, actually being like a proper couple felt more natural than being friends. A few more cringey pet names were approved by Johnnie and I (babe and baby, love, darling, other cringe shit like that)

We edited a video that we filmed about 2 weeks ago but never posted together, before ordering some crappy fast food and eating it on the couch while watching a movie. 3 small kisses, and one slightly more passionate one were shared today, and after each one i still watched the pink blush spread over Johnnies pale skin.

Tara called to check up on how we were, and of course we told her everything was working out so far.
I slept in my own bed, part of me wishing Johnnie was there with me. Still, i managed to sleep the whole night through, my dreams were perfectly scattered with both random crazy things that could only happen in a dream, and Johnnie. When i woke up i realized that those thoughts didnt have to be contained to only my dreams anymore. This was real.

965 words 💪