Chapter 46: The Humming Swordsman/I OBJECT!

Start from the beginning

This was going to be a lot harder than I thought. I would try to send an attack myself either by throwing a mini air slice or a regular blow, but he either dodged or blocked since I was too slow to take him by surprise.

Man this was irritating. We went on for a while, probably fifteen to twenty minutes of going back and forth, switching constantly from offense and defense.

I was starting to get even more exhausted until my opponent slowed into a stop, sensing a new presence near the door. I sensed it too, but it was unexpected for my opponent to pause because of the new development.

Thanks to this interruption, I'll take the moment to catch my breath, seeing as everything is moving at a slow rate. How long will these effects last? Even the ability I've partly copied is still stalled.

Keeping my focus on my opponent in case he would launch an attack again, which was highly likely, I used my peripheral vision to see Brook walk under the still broken doorway.

"You refuse to quit even after I flung you outside?" The samurai questioned the skeleton.

"Of course! I will continue to come back until you return to me!" Brook declared.

Snapping his sword's sheath into the ground a harsh sound bounced off the walls. "Do you not know my name?"

Can't say I do. Doesn't even ring a bell.

"All cower at the mere mention of the swordsman Ryuma!"

Yup, no bell.

"Silence! You are my shadow!" Brook yelled at the zombie.

"Our bodies are worlds apart!" He boasted in monotone.

"You will come back to me! You belong under my feet!"

Would it be considered rude if I attacked him now? I'm not sure whether to speak up or not. Ryuma ignored me since Brook arrived, and Brook had yet to acknowledge my presence in the room.

Brook then pulled out his sword from within the cane he carried and unleashed a fury of attacks on the samurai.

Ryuma dodged each of the fast paced attacks with ease and in a natural pose. It was really impressive to be honest, but I couldn't say anything unless Brook's feelings would be hurt in the matter.

"While waiting for my chance to return, I spent the past five years training to become stronger!" Brook explained his suggested state of improvement. I mean, it's not like I'd know any difference between his strength then from now.

Their swords finally clashed for longer than a couple of seconds, but they pushed against one another's sword. Ryuma then sent off another attack aiming for Brook's afro.

Brook dodged; however, he sacrificed a part of his skeleton body in the process, earning a crack along his face.

"Are you still so concerned about that afro? How do you plan to defend such a large weakness?" Ryuma mocked.

"Shut up! I will just wait."

They continued once again, but Brook was at a clear disadvantage. Even drugged and in a constricted dress, I was still faster than him.

BOOOOOM!!! Rumble

Everything started to harshly shake from what felt like an earthquake before returning to normal.

Seeing an opening from the environmental change, Ryuma aimed another attack at the unsuspecting Brook. Lurching forward, I intercepted the attempt on Brook's afro, saving both Brook and his hair in the process.