Chapter Eleven

**This has not been edited or proofread.**

Asmodeus

Death ran his hand over my hair, his blunt nails scraping along my scalp. A shiver raced down my spine, my body coming alive as he touched me. I wanted more from him—so much more. But how did I ask Death for what I wanted?

Was our connection even like that? Or was he merely protective and attached to me because of how he found me?

I could tell with one look at Beelzebub and Lucifer that they wanted me the same way they wanted each other—as life partners and sexual partners. But Death was so hard to read.

I didn't know where I stood with him.

"Why don't you go get a shower to relax your muscles?" Death asked, nodding his head toward the bathroom. "I'll keep the flashbacks away. I promise."

My heart clenched in my chest. He was so good to me, and I wanted him to be mine so badly. But I didn't want to ruin anything between us.

I nodded my head. "A shower sounds good." Especially after being hunched over my desk all day, catching up on security shit, housing paperwork, and trades with other realms...

Like Leviathan's. I'd shoved all that paperwork aside. Just the sight of his name had made my stomach turn.

"Go on then," Death coaxed, pressing his hand to my lower back to nudge me along. "I'll bring clothes in for you."

I nodded and headed into the bathroom. After stripping out of my clothes—well, Death's clothes—I stepped into the shower, pulling the door shut behind me. I jerked when the cold water hit my skin, but a second later, it was warming up. I tilted my head back under the spray and closed my eyes, taking the time to enjoy the shower.

No flashbacks. No one bothering me.

It felt so damn good to enjoy a shower again.

When I opened my eyes, clothes were sitting on the counter. I hadn't even heard Death come in, but I wondered if he'd seen me—seen how achingly hard my cock was for him.

Maybe he really wasn't attracted to me like that.

That thought was really fucking depressing.

I finished my shower, and as I was getting dressed, Lucifer and Beelzebub's voices reached me. My bonds with them tightened around my heart, and I swallowed thickly. After tugging my shirt over my head, I headed out into the bedroom.

Lucifer smiled at me at the same time Beelzebub looked over Death's shoulder, his eyes running over me for a moment before looking back at Death. They exchanged quiet words I couldn't hear, even with my exceptionally good hearing, as Lucifer made his way over to me.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

I shook my head. "I don't need to eat like I assume you do," I explained. "Eating is a... want more than a necessity."

He patted his flat stomach. "Wish it wasn't a necessity for me," he chuckled. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," I promised him. "Leviathan didn't try anything with you?"

Lucifer snorted. "I wish he had."

My heart squeezed in my chest, and I shook my head. Death growled, his wings ripping from his back as he turned to look at me. I swallowed thickly, and Lucifer wrapped his hand around mine, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"He's okay," Luc assured Death. "I think I said something to upset him."

Death relaxed again, his wings going back into his back, his eyes no longer glowing.