Chapter Nine

**This has not been edited or proofread.**

Asmodeus

Being cocooned in Death's wings with Lucifer pressed against my back made me feel safer than I ever had in my existence. And for the first time ever, I didn't feel lonely. Somehow, I'd become connected with these three men when I needed them the most.

Why I was chosen to be mated to the three most powerful men in the realm, I would never understand. But I certainly wouldn't question it.

"I can feel you thinking too much," Beelzebub rumbled. I looked up at him, my head resting on his lap. His legs were crossed, his fingers idly playing with my long hair.

"Why do you think the creator did this?" I asked him quietly.

"No one knows why the creator does anything," Death quietly spoke up, his voice raspy. Shivers raced down my spine at the sound. Why did Death's voice have to always sound like pure sex when he spoke? It never failed to affect me, making my body come alive in ways it never had before.

Before Death, sex had never been a thing I needed. But since he came to my rescue and began to help me heal, I craved him in very human ways.

Hell, I craved all of them, and the bond I could feel pulsing around my heart in time with its beat just made me want that intimacy more.

Lucifer pressed a kiss to the back of my neck, and I shivered. He stroked his hand over my side. "Death, you need a bigger bed."

"Mmm," he hummed, acknowledging him but not committing to anything. He looked down at me, his blue eyes glowing. They were cold, but warmth spread through me at the sight of them, my demonic side pulsing beneath my skin in response. I didn't have my wings; I didn't think I was ever going to get them back, but at least Death—and his reaper form—had brought my other form back to the surface where I could access it.

My other form was vital to the repair of my mental health. It protected me from certain things I'd gone through. My more human mind couldn't handle the horror, but my demonic form could. He embodied horror, torment, death, pain, and agony.

"Do you want to try showering alone?" Death asked.

I frowned. I hadn't been alone since Death rescued me. I knew he was doing this to try to help me, and I knew that he, Lucifer, and Beelzebub would be right here if I needed them. But I wasn't sure if I was ready. Leviathan had done horrible things to me the few times he'd washed me off just so he could taint my skin red again with my blood.

"Sure," I rasped, wanting to show him I could do this. I could be strong, right? I was the prince of demons. The creator hadn't created me to be weak.

Lucifer moved off the bed, and Death's wings retracted into his back, his eyes no longer glowing. They were dimmer now, lacking the life that so normal people would have. But despite his lack of happiness and his dark soul, I was falling in love with him.

"Come on," Death murmured as we stood from the bed. He led me to his bathroom and pulled out a towel as I figured out the knobs for the shower. When the shower head turned on, water spraying against the glass walls, I shivered. Death gripped my hips, tugging me against him. "Breathe. You're safe here. No one can touch you, understand?"

I nodded. He pressed a kiss to my neck before releasing me and leaving the bathroom. "Leave the door open," I choked out when he got ready to close it. He peered at me with those soulless eyes. "Please," I added, my tone softening.

He nodded once and took his hand off the doorknob, walking back into the bedroom. I stripped off the clothes I had on, and after drawing in a deep breath, I opened up the shower door and stepped in. Every muscle in my body tensed, and I started falling into a flashback.

Not today, baby, Death's voice suddenly resonated in my mind, blocking the flashback. Be my good boy and take a shower for me.

I blew out a soft breath, my body relaxing again. I was soaping up my body when my second-in-command suddenly infiltrated my mind, surprising the hell out of me. Prince? he asked in surprise.

"Cassian?" I blurted out loud. I blinked. Cassian?

Holy shit. What the fuck happened? Are you okay? Tell me where you are, and I'll organize a rescue op.

No need, I assured him. Death came to my rescue a few days ago. He's been helping me heal.

Heal... What happened to you, Prince?

I sighed, my chest tightening. I missed my demons desperately, and I knew they could feel the loss of me. Hell, I heard it in Cassian's voice.

"Death?" I called, turning off the water. I stepped out and wrapped the towel around my waist as he stepped into the bathroom. He ran his eyes over me, and the blue of his eyes brightened, his reaper pushing to the surface.

"Yes?" Death rasped. Shivers raced down my spine at his voice, my cock plumping and tenting the towel. He licked his lips when he noticed it before locking his eyes on mine.

"I need to go home," I quietly told him, hoping he wouldn't fight me on this. "My second-in-command has finally been able to reach me. I need to attempt to restore order."

Death stared at me for a moment, his eyes and expression unreadable. Finally, he nodded.

"Only for a few hours," he told me. "And Lucifer, Beelzebub, and I must accompany you."

I nodded. Wasn't like I wanted to be away from them anyway. I needed the safety and security that they offered.

"Deal."

Cassian, I'm coming home for a little while.

I'll be waiting, Prince.