11

it felt weird being out of the hospital. it's all theodora had known of district 13. as she looked around it wasn't like home obviously she knew that but all the gray around her made it really sink in that she probably won't see 4 ever again. she looked around the dinning hall trying to find someone she knew. "theodora." haymitch spoke as he approached her. she turned to look at him. they had only ever really heard of each other. "it's nice to see you alive. everyone's over there."

she looked to where he pointed and at a table sat, finnick, regulus, lyla, rick, katniss, gale, primrose and carine. "oh thank you, haymitch."

he nodded before continuing his way out of the room. regulus looked up noticing the blonde girl before quickly standing up and making his way over which caused everyone to turn. "finnick grabbed you food so you could avoid the line." he said as the two started walking side by side to the table. 

"okay." she mumbled. she was anxious because as she walked past tables everyone stared at her. "can people stop staring?" she huffed as regulus and her sat down.

"you get used to it." katniss sadly said. "it's good to see you out of medic."

theodora smiled as finnick slid a tray over to her. everyone talked around her as the girl just ate in silence. she never was one for big crowds but theodora couldn't be happier to see that her brother and her boyfriend were getting along. "theodora." finnick called out causing his sister to turn to look at him. "you zoned out for a second."

"sorry." theodora mumbled. she didn't even notice that everyone but regulus and finnick had left the table. "where did everyone go?"

"had stuff to do." finnick hummed. "plutarch wanted to see katniss and gale."

"oh okay." she nodded.

"i need to go check in with coin. see if she found any information about annie." finnick said. "i'll see you in our room later."

she swatted his hand away as he went to go ruffle her hair, "i hate when you do that. i'll see you later."

———

theodora laid awake as regulus slept next to her and finnick was asleep in the other room of the small apartment type place in 13 where they lived. regulus lived between the odairs place and the wylans place. she couldn't sleep. thoughts of her first games running through her head. she realised how different she was from that. it always hit her at random times what she did during the games. the fact that she killed 17 of the 24 tributes. it was a lot on a person. "love." regulus spoke suddenly startling the girl.

"i thought you were asleep." she breathed out.

"off and on." he hummed pulling her closer. "what's going on?"

"just thinking." she whispered. she could tell he was half asleep by how he was looking at her.

"about what?"

"my games. how they changed me." she said. he just looked at her waiting for her to continue. "in my first games, annie was my mentor and i just remember her telling me to do anything i can to stay alive. i had just turned 15. we played into the sweet girl from district four thing but as soon as i was in the games it was like something flicked in my head. by the end i had killed 17 people. i never thought i could have. i don't think ive ever been the same since then. killing someone it messes with you. i sometimes see the images of the people i killed in my head."

"theodora, you did what you needed to do. i know it must mess you up but don't think that you were in the wrong. you just wanted to live." regulus kissed her shoulder. "im really glad you lived."

she leaned up kissing him quickly, "im glad i did too, it's just hard sometimes."

authors note: short filler chapter! mockingjay officially starts next chapter