10

theodora wasn't cleared to leave the hospital of district 13 yet. she was bored out of her mind. finnick and katniss came and visited every day and every time she would ask if there was any news about regulus which would always be answered with no. coin had told the girl they would go get him and the wylans out but she was starting to not think that was so true.

"you should eat." finnick told his sister, passing her food.

"not hungry." she mumbled. it was her usual response since the games. it happened last time too.

"i don't care." he grumbled. "you need to eat."

she looked over at him, "you are pushy you know."

he laughed, "well if you eat then you can be released."

"why didn't you start with that?" she asked picking up the fork.

finnick rolled his eyes, "i told you that two days ago but you've been more worried about if coin got regulus."

she stared at her brother who spoke more, "they should be coming back from four today."

"okay." theodora mumbled before eating more.

"i promise i will send regulus here if he's with them." finnick said ruffling her hair.

she pushed her brothers hand away, "stop that!"

"you love me." he replied.

"do i?" she asked scrunching her nose.

"oh shut up!" the siblings laughed and it was the first genuine one they had done in a while. katniss walked into the room, "finnick they are back from district four."

———

finnick realized the issue as he looked around. he didn't know what regulus looked like all he knew was his name, that he's snows grandson and that he was banished from the capitol and hated his grandfather. "i don't see her anywhere. what if..." finnick heard a voice say.

he turned around to see lyla wylan talking to a tall brunette. "reggie, i'm sure she's fine. look there's finnick go ask him."

regulus was going to go to finnick but stopped when finnick approached him. "are you regulus?"

regulus let out a nervous breath. "yes."

finnick nodded, "she's okay."

regulus felt a sense of relief when that was said and before he knew it he was asking to see her. finnick nodded leading the way, "she hasn't been let out yet since she's not eating much. i got her to eat today but she was worried about you which affected her."

"she should be eating."

"that's what i said!" finnick exclaimed "she's stubborn though."

regulus nodded before they reached the door. "go." finnick told the boy. regulus slowly opened the door and there sat theodora who was flipping through a book.

"if you are here to check how much i ate finn it's gone." she spoke not looking up.

regulus noticed how sad her voice sounded. "that's not why i'm here." finnick said.

theodora finally looked up and made eye contact with regulus. "reg!" she exclaimed as she jumped out of the hospital bed before throwing her arms around him. regulus wrapped his arms around her tightly lifting her up as he held her. finnick couldn't help but smile but it also made him miss annie. regulus kissed her head as they hugged. "i didn't know what happened to you." regulus sadly spoke.

theodora could have cried, "i'm sorry. there was no way we could have told anyone."

"it's okay." he spoke. "i know now and it's okay."

finnick cleared his throat causing the couple to pull away from each other. "oh right proper introduction." theodora mumbled. "finnick this is regulus snow my boyfriend" she spoke cautiously when she said his last name still unsure how finnick felt about the whole thing.

"it's nice to meet you, regulus." finnick said with a smile. he at first cared who his sister was dating but just now seeing how happy his sister was he thinks it doesn't matter.

"you too." regulus smiled. "theo talks about you a lot."

"i'll leave you two be." finnick mumbled. "eat when they bring you food."

finnick walked out to see katniss who raised an eyebrow at him, "i don't like it but she's happy."

———

as soon as finnick had left, regulus kissed his girlfriend, holding her close as possible. she hummed leaning into the kiss before both pulling away. "are lyla and rick here are they okay?" she asked as the two crawled into the small hospital bed laying down facing each other.

regulus drew circles on her hip, "yeah they are."

"good i'm glad." she whispered. "did you watch the games?"

"yeah" he admitted. "it was hard not to i wanted to make sure you were okay."

theodora avoided eye contact, "oh."

"hey." he said. "theo i know that you did what you did to survive. if i was in your place i would have done the same."

"i killed people." she said.

"you had too." regulus said.

"i still hate it." theo said as the nurse came in with dinner for the two. regulus and theodora figured that finnick told her that regulus was there.

"thank you." theo mumbled as she sat up.

regulus watched as she pushed her food around. "hey, eat please."

"i don't know how you can like me knowing what i did in the games" she whispered staring at her fork.

regulus gave her a sad smile before leaning his head on her shoulder as he hugged her from behind, "i love you and i know that you had no choice, theodora. i saw how the games were ran first hand so i know the lack of choices you had and you just wanted to keep yourself and finnick alive."

she nodded as he kissed her shoulder, "now eat please, theo."